• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966-ford-bronco-icon-derelict!

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
How about a "poor boy" 66' u15 lol. The 16" skinnies look good though :cool: It's going to be cush inside and underneath, the exterior isn't going to change much. It's got a beastly rear tire/fuel can rack than stretches all the way across the tailgate, will have a pto winch on the front. Probably not going to repair any dents or holes. ;D

20180827_201246_zps0vfzzinb.jpg

20170715_093153_zpsyd7pe0uc.jpg

I'd rather have that true classic Bronco than any of the replica crap that Icon builds.

This roadster just really ticks me off. There are a TON of people who would have loved to find a true survivor like that and leave it all original, as myself and numerous others feel U13s should be.

And yes, the normal Icons are ugly and tacky. Ford is supposedly making a new Bronco, so if I want all modern drivetrain and creature comforts I'll buy one of those instead of a destroyed classic.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
I like the gun rack in the original pictures.

Last edited:

66Uncut

Contributor
Loc.
So. Cal
That Bronco would be safer as a six than the new engine. Now he can get it up to 110 Mph or more with just his hair for protection. Cant even keep your hat on at that speed. Well maybe they can since they wear their hat backwards.

Speaking of just hair for protection...kinda ballsy catching this much air w/o a cage... :eek:

Forget_the_New_Bronco_Just_Give_Us_Restored_Old_Broncos__2018-10-10_09-19-52.jpg

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
His "MG-driver" hat flies off! :) Time to coll a stop to this non-since and hedd back for crumpets and tea!

Seriously - it's a cool build, but I like that U15 PBOY just as much if not more....probably shouldn't take it off any sweet jumps til you check out the underside and body mounts tho.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
How about a "poor boy" 66' u15 lol. The 16" skinnies look good though :cool: It's going to be cush inside and underneath, the exterior isn't going to change much. It's got a beastly rear tire/fuel can rack than stretches all the way across the tailgate, will have a pto winch on the front. Probably not going to repair any dents or holes. ;D

Like the plan.. :)