• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Did I mention I bought another Bronco?-PHOTOS

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I was thinking about opening up the rear fender area but I want to keep it uncut. The front corner of the rear wheel opening is always a problem, so i'm curious what you think of cutting and moving it forward. It would still look uncut with the LUBR look. Here's a pic that sorta shows what I have in mind.

Attachments

• IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 197
OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
And here's a pic of my new cowl welded in. The driver's side vent opening will have a cover.

Attachments

• IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 210
OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Got my transmission back from the shop today. Completely rebuilt with all new electronics. This saturday i'll pick up the engine. Both will be stored for awhile till i'm able to install them in the frame. I'm excited to start with a new engine/tranny package.

Attachments

• IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0153.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 88

genteca

Free help

I could come down to Uvalde and help put motor and tranny in for some hog hunting. Lol my buddy and I have been down there to Mesquite bow hunting. Gerald has always been good to us.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I was thinking about opening up the rear fender area but I want to keep it uncut. The front corner of the rear wheel opening is always a problem, so i'm curious what you think of cutting and moving it forward. It would still look uncut with the LUBR look. Here's a pic that sorta shows what I have in mind.

Tom, personally I would leave the front part of the wheel opening alone. The Bronco already looks like it has too short of wheel base. Moving the opening forward will only exaggerate this look. I would move the rear axle back 2 inches and you'll achieve the same thing. You can move it back with a "zero rate" you can buy that will get you 1 1/2 inches or make your own zero rate to get the full 2 inches. Plus 2 inches of wheel base will make it drive better.

The cowl looks good.

genteca

Stay Motivated

Good luck with the build. Great find. This month will be my second year on my first build. I try to do something everyday to keep from loosing interest. It has been a lot of fun and now my 17 yr. old son bought his first also. 72 We had his running first day. Went through brakes got it inspected and tagged this week and now he's off and about. He's hooked for sure.

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Tom, personally I would leave the front part of the wheel opening alone. The Bronco already looks like it has too short of wheel base. Moving the opening forward will only exaggerate this look. I would move the rear axle back 2 inches and you'll achieve the same thing. You can move it back with a "zero rate" you can buy that will get you 1 1/2 inches or make your own zero rate to get the full 2 inches. Plus 2 inches of wheel base will make it drive better.

The cowl looks good.

Gary I thought of that a few months ago and discounted it but with your nudging I'll reconsider it again. I'm mounting an inboard shock mount above the axle, and plan to run a 3" single exhaust above the axle and out behind the passenger rear tire. Both will be affected by an axle move but likely doable

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Gary I thought of that a few months ago and discounted it but with your nudging I'll reconsider it again. I'm mounting an inboard shock mount above the axle, and plan to run a 3" single exhaust above the axle and out behind the passenger rear tire. Both will be affected by an axle move but likely doable

I have the inboard shock set up on my trail rig and zero rates moving the axle back 1 1/2 inches from stock. It works fine with no interference or angle issues and another 1/2 inch would not be a problem. The exhaust is easily routed if using the inner-most shock positions. It's a little trickier if you use the outer shock positions - but a good muffler guy should be able to do it. Also depending upon the length of your slip joint, you may need to lengthen the driveshaft.

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I picked up my engine from Mission Auto in San Antonio on Saturday. Muahhhahahah this is getting fun. Not the spending money part, but the gathering components part.
Geez so much to do.

Attachments

• IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 157
OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I started cleaning up the halfcab and found where a PO repaired the top by brazing the old spot welds. It needs new drip rails so this will be a pain in the butt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 140

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Got my transmission back from the shop today. Completely rebuilt with all new electronics. This saturday i'll pick up the engine. Both will be stored for awhile till i'm able to install them in the frame. I'm excited to start with a new engine/tranny package.

Nice bud.. Can't wait to see complete package when done

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I started cleaning up the halfcab and found where a PO repaired the top by brazing the old spot welds. It needs new drip rails so this will be a pain in the butt.

You might consider the Chip Foose trick of eliminating the drip rail. Cut a few inches off, weld it up, cut a few more inches, weld, cut . . . until you work your way around the top. Might look cool!

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Katy and I had that discussion awhile ago. She likes the original drip rails, I think it would look slick without them. So far we're at an impasse and I wasn't about to bring it up on mothers day

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
My other project is moving forward again. Had to threaten them with legal action.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 142

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice man. You have your license? That.would.just be too.cool to fly one