• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Did I mention I bought another Bronco?-PHOTOS

bwaysteve

Nice shape! I found a 66 on a ranch not is as good a shape although restorable.What would be the ballpark for a U13 in this condition.

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I saw an archived thread where Viperwolf was explaining the U141 model code as a HD axle version, but I can't find any info.
Can someone interpret the VIN for me?

In this VIN decoder they don't mention the U141?
http://www.broncohio.com/tech/ebvins.html

Attachments

• photo 1 (5).jpg
    photo 1 (5).jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 91
  • photo 2 (5).jpg
    photo 2 (5).jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 105

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Here is a GVW spec that I have for the U15. I would assume that the U14 would be the same. Looks like a "medium duty" package. Upgraded rear springs but with a small bearing rear axle.

Attachments

• GVW.jpg
    GVW.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 105

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
U14-Half Cab
F-170cid 6 cyl
M90477- Oct. '71 build date

Color Z-Lt. Copper Metallic
U141-Half cab "medium duty"
Body 3-Light and Pastel Matchstick and Corinthian interior
Trans C-3 speed manual
Axle 03-2780 lb. rear axle 4.11 gears
DSO 75-Phoenix

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That thing is sweet. Love a 72 Half Cab too. Nice find. Glad you made it safe. Sounds like it was rough driving her back.

Andy
Blue71

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Some day I need to get serious about finding a half cab for a second Bronco. Great find, looking forward to seeing it's resurrection.:cool::cool:

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Congrats on a rare find! I agree with ford man, I would love to see it back to stock, but it's yours. Enjoy!

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Wow, look at this door post, can't ask for an original in any better shape than this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 353

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I saw an archived thread where Viperwolf was explaining the U141 model code as a HD axle version, but I can't find any info.
Can someone interpret the VIN for me?

In this VIN decoder they don't mention the U141?
http://www.broncohio.com/tech/ebvins.html

141 was a HD package but it just included different springs and tires. It was also required before you could get the optional HD rear axle. You could have ordered a 141 with either LD or HD axle. 140 would only be available with the LD axle. 142 would have included the HD springs, tires and HD axle. You could not get the LD axle in a 142.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
That's pretty interesting! One of the last u14's that almost wasnt, lol.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Nice find for sure! Half Cabs are awesome. Sounds like you have a good plan for the restoration. I would definitely upgrade the steering, brakes and other essentials if you are gonna drive it. If it is gonna be a trailer queen than take it back to stock.

The only thing that I would question would be the amount of suspension and BL that you are thinking about. For my taste I think the Lubers look great with a 30 or 31 inch narrow tire on something like a 2.5 inch SL. However, its your truck and I am sure that it is gonna be cool when you are done with it! Good Luck with the build.

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I have a WH 2.5" SL 3 with bilsteins and 1" BL in the parts bin. I dropped my gearboxes off yesterday at West Texas off-road for the 4x4x2 conversion. Pondering doing a steel flare on he rear but will need to acquire some front cut outs. Wife wants it to remain a LUBR.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
My 71 u-14 has a 4:11 gear 3 on the tree dso 75 same as yours mine was for deer hunting only mine has factory 16" wheels nice bronco you have

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
4a7umymy.jpg
manyza3y.jpg
emypysa5.jpg
pyqa6e5e.jpg
ahy8yzeq.jpg

This is what the sheet metal looks like. I've got new floor pans and rear bed floor

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Did I hear Diesel Half Cab in those statements. Nice looking Bronco there Bub . Amazing how some of them scrub up quit nicely.

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I like the diesels, but this Bronco is getting an explorer power train, since it's going to be a mall crawler. Katy hasn't shown any affection for the diesels yet. Here's the Marti for this Bronco
y8adu9en.jpg

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Floors are almost done. Will move on to replacing the bed floor next. I ended up replacing the kick panels, door posts, and the entire floor.
Today I put the front fenders and doors back on to check the fit.

Attachments

• photo 3 (5).jpg
    photo 3 (5).jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 220
  • photo 2 (9).jpg
    photo 2 (9).jpg
    79 KB · Views: 247
  • photo 1 (10).jpg
    photo 1 (10).jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 207