• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
That's so they can see the Jeeps passing it.

Since the Toyota FJ isn't made any more they can use their mirror with built in light. Innovation by Fords Better Idea.

But its a secret, so don't tell anyone.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Ford is one of my wife's clients. When she goes to Detroit she inquires about it for me.
They are tight lipped about this one.

Ford (or someone claiming to work for them) says they want to work with the aftermarket on the new Bronco.
The aftermarket needs time to plan, time to design, time to have molds and jigs and fixtures made.

So why are they still treating it like a burn before reading level secret?

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
They don't want the negative publicity to effect sales. Everyone is ready to pounce and tear this thing apart. Their making a Bronco to compete with the Jeep. Jeep is going to be all over it and so is the Jeep nation, early Broncos and Big Bronco fans are going to tear it apart. Maybe even the Bronco II fans will jump in.

There is no way to make all these people happy. There was the Mustang, the Bronco, the Pinto. they should have just called this thing the Clydesdale or something else horsey.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
They don't want the negative publicity to effect sales. Everyone is ready to pounce and tear this thing apart. Their making a Bronco to compete with the Jeep. Jeep is going to be all over it and so is the Jeep nation, early Broncos and Big Bronco fans are going to tear it apart. Maybe even the Bronco II fans will jump in.

There is no way to make all these people happy. There was the Mustang, the Bronco, the Pinto. they should have just called this thing the Clydesdale or something else horsey.

Ha! Yep, the skeptic that I am, I'm ready to pounce. It better be as good or better than the Rubicon, or the name will be Horsecrap. ;D

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru

So instead of giving people time to get used to it and get over being disappointed they will wait until they put it on the market, then watch appalled as it gets swept into the dust bin of history by a tidal wave of last minute disgust.

Jluck

I'm surprised with the negativity about the new Bronco here. Hasn't Ford all but said there will be a two door with solid axles and planning to compete with the new Wrangler (shouldn't be too hard)?

I will remain optimistic on this one. In retrospect who really thought they'd produce the Raptor at the time?

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I'm surprised with the negativity about the new Bronco here. Hasn't Ford all but said there will be a two door with solid axles and planning to compete with the new Wrangler (shouldn't be too hard)?

I will remain optimistic on this one. In retrospect who really thought they'd produce the Raptor at the time?

No.
Ford has said several times that it will be four door only.

Solid axles are a rumor started by people at the Barrett-Jackson auction who heard Dana was going to make the axles but were too distracted by the Sold girl in those leather pants and only paying half their attention if that to what was said.
Dana made all the TTB axles for the Bronco and Bronco II, which is many more years than the solid axle Broncos.

Ford has said that it will not compete with the Wrangler on rocks.

SavageBurro

From over on bronco6g site related to 2 door:

Mar 15, 2018
For those wondering where 2-door confirmation comes from, here's the quote from Jim Farley:

Ford president Jim Farley, who oversees the company's global markets, said the Bronco and unnamed ute will be different from Jeep's, following a strategy of vehicles that are comfortable at high speeds, in the sand and on two-lane trails. As expected, Farley said the Bronco will come in two- and four-door variants when it arrives for 2020. It will also offer a hybrid model as part of Ford's electric push.

"For Jeep, that's rock crawling in Moab, for Ford, that's something different," he said. "(Ford customers) don't want something that looks like a doomsday vehicle."
http://www.bronco6g.com/forum/index...hybrid-option-confirmed-plus-baby-bronco.226/

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
said the Bronco and unnamed ute will be different from Jeep's, following a strategy of vehicles that are comfortable at high speeds, in the sand and on two-lane trails. As expected, Farley said the Bronco will come in two- and four-door variants when it arrives for 2020. It will also offer a hybrid model as part of Ford's electric push.

"For Jeep, that's rock crawling in Moab, for Ford, that's something different," he said. "(Ford customers) don't want something that looks like a doomsday vehicle."
Thats exactly what a stock jeep does....

I expect jeep to offer hybrid, turbo and diesel soon.

I expect anything Ford offers, will be in MOAB inside a year rock crawling with the jeeps...

I don't think any rock crawling jeep looks like a doomsday machine, the Excursion? An F350 dually? Yep.

Crazy talk from Ford, I'm beginning to think they don't know what they have yet.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Thats exactly what a stock jeep does....

I expect jeep to offer hybrid, turbo and diesel soon.

I expect anything Ford offers, will be in MOAB inside a year rock crawling with the jeeps...

I don't think any rock crawling jeep looks like a doomsday machine, the Excursion? An F350 dually? Yep.

Crazy talk from Ford, I'm beginning to think they don't know what they have yet.

I'm thinking they either don't know what their customers want or don't care what their customers want.
Oh, except for the soccer moms, they are even getting too far from the simulated lifestyle crowd now.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Go for a drive and really pay attention to who is driving jeeps these days.....Soccer moms!! 4 of my friends wives have Jeeps. Two are Rubicons with lifts and tires and the only thing close to wheeling they have done is two of them have been on the beach in the Outer Banks! All it seems to be driving four door Wranglers is moms with a bunch of kids going through mid life crisis cruising the malls. But that's what is selling and Ford is going to build what sells. Sure all us Classic bronco guys want two doors, solid axles, removable roof, V8 power, Coil spring front and leaf spring rear suspension. But.......... we are a very small part of the global market. Remember its a business they are going to build what sells and look there will be a good version of it look at the Raptor! All the other manufacturers are still trying to compete with that.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
The Explorer was built on the Ranger platform until the 2002 model year and since 2011 model year has been unibody construction.
From most of the 'press releases' the new Bronco is the return of the original Explorer, which they can't call the Explorer because they are still using that name.

If your needs are filled by an (original) Explorer type vehicle that's fine.

Ford sold more Explorers per year than all years of the early Bronco combined, so obviously there is a market for them

What puzzles me is why there is all the continuing excitement about what we already know is not really going to be a Bronco.

Let it go, there is only disappointment coming.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Go for a drive and really pay attention to who is driving jeeps these days.....Soccer moms!! 4 of my friends wives have Jeeps. Two are Rubicons with lifts and tires and the only thing close to wheeling they have done is two of them have been on the beach in the Outer Banks! All it seems to be driving four door Wranglers is moms with a bunch of kids going through mid life crisis cruising the malls. But that's what is selling and Ford is going to build what sells. Sure all us Classic bronco guys want two doors, solid axles, removable roof, V8 power, Coil spring front and leaf spring rear suspension. But.......... we are a very small part of the global market. Remember its a business they are going to build what sells and look there will be a good version of it look at the Raptor! All the other manufacturers are still trying to compete with that.

I second that. That's why I'm going to buy one for my wife. BTW...she's not a soccer mom. More like a Baseball and Karate mom. Those are way hotter.

Jaxgtc

I just heard that the 2019/20 Explorer will be made in China. The veiled picture looks more like a crossover than an SUV. What is blue oval doing? That thing has been the cash cow (along with pickups) for decades. Perhaps they are making room for the NB in the category. Sure looks that way.

Attachments

• Explorer.JPG
    Explorer.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 98

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
I just heard that the 2019/20 Explorer will be made in China. The veiled picture looks more like a crossover than an SUV. What is blue oval doing? That thing has been the cash cow (along with pickups) for decades. Perhaps they are making room for the NB in the category. Sure looks that way.
IMO the Explorer has been a crossover since 2011. (no 2 speed transfer case):(

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
I think Ford has really lost it. Announcing that they are taking away all the small to mid size cars because " they don't make enough margin on them" I call that greed! Now this cements that thought. Make it in China so there is "more Margin" Really stupid! What happens when the price of gas goes up again! Trucks & SUV's tank and Ford has nothing that people want.... Other brands are looking more and more desirable...

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Folks still lined up at the pumps when diesel was $4.50 gallon in 2008/09, commuters will still commute, public transportation folks will still use them no matter the price of fuel not matter if it's high or low. Ford hung in there when times were bad and others took handouts, so I'm thinking that Ford has a good sense of what's good for Ford.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I currently have 4 Ford's on the property. I'll be hard pressed to buy one that is made in China.