• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'77 fuel door. Add mine back or change out to other style?

Scubadds

I picked up this project that was going towards rock crawler look
Body shop ready to put fuel door back. I just assumed we would put the '77 door we kept but they were planning on putting different style back....
I want a more stock look. But improvements make sense to me if it looks or works better
Any opinions on what might be best?
Thanks
(I didn't know if there was a common "upgrade" or swap that others do)

OP
OP
S

Scubadds

Thanks
That's what I had planned

My body guy kinds thru me off with plans that he and the previous owner had conjured up

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Friend of mine went back and forth for awhile on this....It was quite a long time ago.
He ended up doing what Stacy did to Crazy Horse. He put on one of those Shelby Cobra reproduction gas doors on it. Pretty cool. Looks good on his mall crawler eb but it wouldn't look good on mine.
I say try to keep those 77 fuel doors. Even if you have to move them to make room for flares.
They are quintessentially '77.

toddsrods

i have a '77, and like the fuel doors. it makes the '77 unique.
it also matches the fuel doors on my late 70's shortbox;)

charlie6976

Loc.
Grand Coulee WA
I think the fuel doors look good. :) They eliminate one/two less spots for crap to hang up on (sticks out from the body). Plus. did I say I think they look good.:cool: