• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

which fuel system?

gambling209

at the point in my build where the motor is going in. I have a 96 exploder motor with a mustang ho cam. the bronco will see little off road and mostly street driven as much as I can. my question is what fuel injection setup to run. I have the mustang setup, with a couple computers. I have two fox cars. I have a complete explorer setup. or run a fitech/holley. the mustang is the cheapest to do. not looking to mod the wiring harness myself. the fitech/holley I think will be the easiest. price is not the biggest concern. would rather spend a little now and be happy for the long run. with that said the explorer is close to the fitech/holley price. not looking to ever sell this ride. a little more about my ride to base your decision on. c4, 4.11 gears, and 33-35 tires. thanks.

Dannyboy71

I have the Mustang stuff and wished I would have gone the explorer rought. No more distributor to mess with!

OP
OP
gambling209

gambling209

I hear that all the time, but I never have a problem in my mustangs with a distributor. 180k miles on one before the pickup went out. more problems with plug wires than anything. but thanks for your answer.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
IMHO the later the EFI the better. Not too fond of aftermarket stuff. There are folks who can do the harness mods for you.

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
So you have both Stang and Explorer systems complete with ECM's

I guess the question is, what do you want out of the system? ODBI (mustang) has 60 pins, OBDII (Explorer) had 120. Both harnesses will require work and both ECM's will require some work also to turn off any systems(emissions mainly) you don't want to run else you will have CEL on and code. Both will need tuning to compliment the engine modification you have made or plan to make. OBDII is more tuneable because it has more data points hence the 120 pins.

I'm running OBDI SN95 EFI (tuned by EFIGUY) on my 351W and it working great.

I did the harness work myself. Not bad at all just took time. I had it really hard as I took an OBDI SD system and turned it into a OBDI MA system. A normal mustang harness is dang near plug and play if it's complete.

The fuel system for all three (Stang, Explo or aftermarket) will require a HP pump and most likely a return line.

I'm considering the FiTech system for my Mach 1 Mainly because there isn't the parts available to run the Stang or Explo system on a 390FE and get it under The stock hood

Tim