• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco Vs. New Jeep

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
I am willing to bet that the majority of us hard core Early Bronco folks will hate it when it comes out.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I am willing to bet that the majority of us hard core Early Bronco folks will hate it when it comes out.

Just like the hard core FJ guys hated the Cruiser when it came out. I can promise if the new Bronco is as good of a wheeler and over all vehicle as the FJ Cruiser Ford will have a home run if they don't wimp out on the marketing or hit it hard for a month and quit. But I doubt it will ever have the resale value of the Toyota, our FJ is worth more today than I paid for it 4 years ago.

Unfortunately for me if its a home tun I expect the value of my FJ to drop dramatically.

Deano

Bronco Guru
4wd mini van is what they will slap a bronco badge on is what I'm expecting to see

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
I dont give a damn what Ford or Jeep does. My 76 is done. There are plenty of EBs out there to be rescued. Id just assume own an iconic vehicle verses something everyone can buy.
Sorry to be harsh. I blame the damn election.

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
Just like the hard core FJ guys hated the Cruiser when it came out. I can promise if the new Bronco is as good of a wheeler and over all vehicle as the FJ Cruiser Ford will have a home run if they don't wimp out on the marketing or hit it hard for a month and quit. But I doubt it will ever have the resale value of the Toyota, our FJ is worth more today than I paid for it 4 years ago.

Unfortunately for me if its a home tun I expect the value of my FJ to drop dramatically.

This....

We have had an FJ in the driveway since 2008. It is a great 4x4 and unreal great in the snow. Other than the huge blind spot I can't say a single bad thing about it. Like the above poster said. It is worth as much if not more than I paid for it new in 2008 even with 130,000 miles on it.

With a removable top it would be even better.

Greg

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
I don't see it happening... Nissan had the Xterra. Toyota the FJ and now the last of full framed the 4-runner, but a real dog 0-60.

If gas goes back up to 4 or 5 dollars a gallon, no one will want to continue to get 15-22 real world mpg.

Ford-Everest-Malaysia-Price-e1462782715248-630x315.jpg

But why must all new vehicles have a belt line this high up?

2757c901a1e5b1c2beb23a5451123b5c.jpg

When I hang my arm out the window, I don't want to lose feeling in my left hand at all.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
As much as you all think that it has to have 4 doors, I honestly disagree. I think that it should be a two door. That is what a BRONCO has ALWAYS been and should continue to be. If you want 4 doors then buy and Escape, Explorer or Edge. Ford has the four door covered. Time to cover the 2 Door market. The Bronco will do just fine if they build it the right way with 2 Doors and there should be room for five.

Like I always say, getting into the back doesn't bother me because im driving. Thats your problem! ;D

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
As much as you all think that it has to have 4 doors, I honestly disagree. I think that it should be a two door. That is what a BRONCO has ALWAYS been and should continue to be. If you want 4 doors then buy and Escape, Explorer or Edge. Ford has the four door covered. Time to cover the 2 Door market. The Bronco will do just fine if they build it the right way with 2 Doors and there should be room for five.

Like I always say, getting into the back doesn't bother me because im driving. Thats your problem! ;D

Ya'know....a really long door would make getting in the back really easy but it could still be a two door.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru

/\/\/\ That! +1
The people that say a 2 door won't sell must not know that Ford has been making this 2 door car called a Mustang for over 50 years.
If it didn't sell they would stop making it.

The Bronco is a 4x4 Mustang.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Ya know, everyone says that they gotta have a 4 door and blah blah blah but have you ever even tried getting into some of the Jeep 4 door trucks like the cherokee and the Jeep? It is a PITA if you are a decent size human being. To me they are very awkward and difficult to get into and out of. Having said that I really hope the new Bronco keeps its roots and remains a 2 DOOR SPORT UTILITY VEHICLE! AMEN! ;D

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Ya know, everyone says that they gotta have a 4 door and blah blah blah but have you ever even tried getting into some of the Jeep 4 door trucks like the cherokee and the Jeep? It is a PITA if you are a decent size human being. To me they are very awkward and difficult to get into and out of. Having said that I really hope the new Bronco keeps its roots and remains a 2 DOOR SPORT UTILITY VEHICLE! AMEN! ;D

Or at least maintain the 2 door option. As stated before a really long door could make a 2 door practical as it would make rear access really easy. Ford's recent use of aluminum body panels on the F-150 could help make really light but also long doors. If not I would not mind a little suicide door for rear seat access like the Extended Cab F-150's.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
I was just thinking a suicide door would be a good compromise.

Yeah, I guess a suicide type of door wouldn't be a bad option. Who knows, hopefully it will be a pretty cool Bronco reminiscent of the original bronco only a bit bigger! Time will tell just sucks that we are gonna have to wait so long to see it! If Ford had their Sh!t together the new Bronco should have come out this year at the least but instead I don't know what their logic is based on all the HEEPS running around and there are ALOT of them. The market is there but their BEAN Counters don't seem to think so!

No Hay

Bronco Guru

Absolutely! Put as many doors on as they want to. But if two doors isn't an option, I wouldn't even look at them. I'm a fairly skinny human being, but it has to look the part. :)

sriha

I don't see it happening... Nissan had the Xterra. Toyota the FJ and now the last of full framed the 4-runner, but a real dog 0-60.

If gas goes back up to 4 or 5 dollars a gallon, no one will want to continue to get 15-22 real world mpg.

Ford-Everest-Malaysia-Price-e1462782715248-630x315.jpg

But why must all new vehicles have a belt line this high up?

2757c901a1e5b1c2beb23a5451123b5c.jpg

When I hang my arm out the window, I don't want to lose feeling in my left hand at all.

I do wish they upgraded the Xterra instead of just axing it. I had an 05 and just sold it to my mom, (she loves it) and was looking at another to be a winter vehicle for me.

As for the belt line, I wonder if it is because they think people will be safer with smaller windows and taller door panels in side impacts even though the smaller window makes it harder to escape from if the vehicle is sinking or if they think that the smaller slanted windows make the vehicle look more sporty?

GSP9

Loc.
State College
We were at Carova Beach, NC back in August. Carova is somewhat unique in that you need 4 wheel drive because you can drive out on the sand. Anyways, we have been going down there for over 30 years and I even commented to my wife this year that I have never seen so many Wranglers in my life. As we would head up the beach everyday, it seemed like every 4th or 5th vehicle was a Wrangler. It was insane and the rarest one.......bone stock. Almost everyone had accessories or different wheels, etc. I think I read before that the Wranglers are split to about 70% 4 door and 30% 2 door. I would say the vast majority that we saw were 4 door, more than 70%. Even on our ride back to PA, my radar was kinda on for them and saw a lot coming home as well. We tend to have a lot here in PA.

I really think Ford has an opportunity to hit a home run here. Not sure that they will but if they produce a good solid off road platform the after market parts will go thru the roof with it just like with the Wrangler. I have a feeling I'll either be extremely disappointed when this thing comes out or extremely satisfied. Not sure I'll be somewhere in the middle.

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
I really think Ford has an opportunity to hit a home run here. Not sure that they will but if they produce a good solid off road platform the after market parts will go thru the roof with it just like with the Wrangler. I have a feeling I'll either be extremely disappointed when this thing comes out or extremely satisfied. Not sure I'll be somewhere in the middle.

I guess it is like the FJ Cruiser. I really wanted to like this vehicle. I'm such a fan of the old FJ40 and Toyota reliability in general. I think people either love the FJ Cruiser or hate it. I finally test drove one the other day and I have to say it wasn't a vehicle I'd want to sink over $30K into. Just didn't light my fire like my old FJ40 does. Front seat is sort of short seat area, not a lot of adjustment. Back seat is really tight. Have to remove the head rest from back seat to fully lower the seat. A lot of odd stuff about the vehicle. The way the front doors and suicide doors meet seems weak. Visibility is really poor. I can use mirrors, but wow what a difference from the old 40. Oil filter is down low behind cover plates. Just seems they missed the boat with what a modern off road cruiser could have been. I really don't get the appeal of this thing. I understand that Toyota might be coming out with another FJ type vehicle soon. Will be curious about this next version. I'm still in the market for some new daily driver. Sort of holding out for what is coming in 2017 from the various manufacturers. Hurry up Ford!

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
This helps your FJ visibility issues, they take a while to get used to but we love the two we have (mine is the yellow convertible and my son's is an all black TRD).

I am hoping for a 2 door but if not the FJ style suicide doors is a decent compromise. Around here 95% of the Jeep Wrangler Unlimiteds are 4 door. So a four door may be coming from Ford.

Attachments

• 2008_toyota_fj_cruiser_convertible_99694325404332177.jpg
    2008_toyota_fj_cruiser_convertible_99694325404332177.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 152