• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duff radius arms

OP
OP
Monster Mike

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
First thing Sunday morning this guy Monster Mike is out beatin' the bushes, selling his wares. I like This guy.

This Monster Mike guy is definitely a hard worker.
Wish I had about 10 of him working for me.
If I did I might hit those magic numbers every month that corporate is always whining about.

Kudos to ya Monster Mike.
You have changed a lot of people's thoughts on customer service......not an easy thing to do here at CB.

Ditto! Me included!

Great effort and work.

I liked them even before Mike. To me, Mike is just icing on the cake.

Think I'm gonna hang this screen shot on my wall. You guys just made my day ;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
First thing Sunday morning this guy Monster Mike is out beatin' the bushes, selling his wares. I like This guy.

This Monster Mike guy is definitely a hard worker.
Wish I had about 10 of him working for me.
If I did I might hit those magic numbers every month that corporate is always whining about.

Kudos to ya Monster Mike.
You have changed a lot of people's thoughts on customer service......not an easy thing to do here at CB.

The new Duff Pimp Monster Mike!! :) he's definitely on top of it

DrLathrop

Loc.
Fulshear, TX
What does a pair of the silver vein long arms cost with shipping to 77494? I already have a 2" BL & 3.5" lift from BC Broncos installed.

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
What does a pair of the silver vein long arms cost with shipping to 77494? I already have a 2" BL & 3.5" lift from BC Broncos installed.

$88 UPS. You'll also need to go down a couple degrees on your C-bushings with 4.25° built in. You'll probably want 4°. We also heavy duty retainers on sale for $65 if you buy them at the same time as the arms. They'll both ride along for no extra shipping since we can get them in with the arms.

Suzy

idus25

Loc.
St. Louis
Hi Mike,

Have a 76 with 6" lift coils. Already installed 7 degree bushings. Had anticipated some wander, but getting more than wanted. Want to order a set of your arms. What do you think about the 7 degree bushings and your arms in conjunction? How close or far from ideal will I be? Shipped to Business address 63116. Thanks.

OP
OP
Monster Mike

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Hi Mike,

Have a 76 with 6" lift coils. Already installed 7 degree bushings. Had anticipated some wander, but getting more than wanted. Want to order a set of your arms. What do you think about the 7 degree bushings and your arms in conjunction? How close or far from ideal will I be? Shipped to Business address 63116. Thanks.

Yes 7 degree C bushings with our arms will give you the caster you need. Our arms also come with 4 degrees built into the head unit.

OP
OP
Monster Mike

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Looking into doing some variations of these arms in the future. It will have to wait till we get past the celebration of 50 years of broncos though.

BroncoBernie

Long arms

some were asking about our packaging process on these arms. our last shipper was encasing the entire arm in foam and that really is the best way to ensure they arrive in the box to your door no matter what lol.

there were a few things we thought we could do better. first of all the arm was sitting at the bottom of the box when it was encased in foam so if the box suffered a hard enough hit the powder coat could be damaged in transit. we also didn't like how the customer had to literally destroy the box to get their arms out. with so much foam around the parts sometimes the customer had to dig to find everything. with the radius arms its not that bad but the monster kits were like that. third of all Foam is very expensive these days! its 5 times more expensive now than it was in the 90's.

In the pictures you can see, i create a foam pillow then set the arm down onto it while the foam is still forming. then i place a small styrofoam buffer between the arm and the frame brackets (the box at the end) the hardware box is then set in place in the middle of the box and i then make another foam pillow that holds everything in place. now you have the arm protected on every side and the box is much easier to get into. We also save a few bucks on foam. its a big win for everyone :cool:

Here is a photo of the older packing.. love these arms

Attachments

• IMG_1899.jpg
    IMG_1899.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 57
OP
OP
Monster Mike

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thx for sharing Bernie. That is the bottom of the box were looking at. As you can see the arm was only protected by the cardboard. I'm trying give the arm 360 degrees of protection with the foam pillows.

Bronconut73 yes and no. The variations would be for hardcore wheelers and/or guys with spring steel frames. Certainly available for eb guys but very much overkill lol

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Thx for sharing Bernie. That is the bottom of the box were looking at. As you can see the arm was only protected by the cardboard. I'm trying give the arm 360 degrees of protection with the foam pillows.

Bronconut73 yes and no. The variations would be for hardcore wheelers and/or guys with spring steel frames. Certainly available for eb guys but very much overkill lol

TY Mike.

OP
OP
Monster Mike

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I heard from a little birdie that our bare arms may be going on sale again. $30 off retail is the deal. Plus you can get another $10 off the heavy duty lower retainers if you buy them at the same time $65 vs $75

I don't think the sales guys know about this yet so pm me or ask for monster mike when you call in :cool:

OP
OP
Monster Mike

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I heard from a little birdie that our bare arms may be going on sale again. $30 off retail is the deal. Plus you can get another $10 off the heavy duty lower retainers if you buy them at the same time $65 vs $75

I don't think the sales guys know about this yet so pm me or ask for monster mike when you call in :cool:

Sold out of bare arms so sell has been cancelled. Can't believe it's October already!?