• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duff Trail Doors?

wappas90

Any body have the duff trail doors? Thinking about getting a set along with some lift off hinges... any body know of any other trail door manufacturers?
Thanks!

OP
OP
W

wappas90

awesome. you guys are the best! how does it pair with stainless lift off hinges?

OP
OP
W

wappas90

Awesome! thanks everyone. My dream set up would be having a lift off SS hinge setup on my full doors and my trail doors, and having the ability to instantly switch between the two depending on weather conditions.

AxlesUp

Loc.
Collierville TN
i have an older set of duffs on my 73. they are not nearly as cool looking as those. i wish mine would just lift off. i would add a set of pins to my full doors as well.

i should also say they rattle like crazy. i haven't had time to see about adding some kind of rubber bumper to them.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
heres my Duff trail doors with their optional removable door skins. The latch closes against the backside of the striker and firmly holds it against a rubber bumper. I personally have never had an issue with the door rattling or making any noise. The Latch design has changed a bit over the years

i have just finished designing a new hinge for this door that allows you to use the stainless lift off hinges made by drake.

ill have it ready for sale by late March.

In the mean time we offer the trail door with the Exclusive Duff lift off hinges.

pm for details

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
The Duff Trail doors are a Great Product as well, BTW ;) specially w/the new upgrades by Mr. Michael Duff

AxlesUp

Loc.
Collierville TN
i took a closer look at my doors tonight before it got awfully cold and dark. there is a little L bracket on the outside of the door opposite the latching mechanism. it has a little hole in it. the kind of hole that oh say a rubber bumper would stick into on a car door. also looks like the perfect spot for a rubber bumper. clearly i am missing the rubber bumper and this is why my doors rattle.

i didn't see a place to order a replacement rubber bumper. can i order these from duff or is this a factory part from something else?

I'll take my humble pie cold please :)

mortimersnerd

I have a set of duff doors they're great. I like the Duff hinges better than the drakes, much beefier.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
i took a closer look at my doors tonight before it got awfully cold and dark. there is a little L bracket on the outside of the door opposite the latching mechanism. it has a little hole in it. the kind of hole that oh say a rubber bumper would stick into on a car door. also looks like the perfect spot for a rubber bumper. clearly i am missing the rubber bumper and this is why my doors rattle.

i didn't see a place to order a replacement rubber bumper. can i order these from duff or is this a factory part from something else?

I'll take my humble pie cold please :)

LOL nice work, appreciate the humble awesomeness. pm me your address ill get you a new striker bumper out tomorrow :cool:

I have a set of duff doors they're great. I like the Duff hinges better than the drakes, much beefier.

Yes the Duff hinges have a hinge pin that is twice the diameter of the stock pin and drake pin. They are BEEFY! no chance your door will sag if there isn't any rust weakening the A-pillar plus they are already a lift off hinge!

The Drake hinges are beautiful The only bummer is the small press in bushings. they're too small and walk out/break after you lift the doors on and off a few times. I have a fix for that though so if you love the look of those hinges don't let that deter you. In the near future we will be offering the drake hinge with the bushing fix already done.

01Dudley

Loc.
Knoxville
They should already have a rubber bumper? Get me a picture of the latch. I can get you some of the rubber bumpers in the mail

i have an older set of duffs on my 73. they are not nearly as cool looking as those. i wish mine would just lift off. i would add a set of pins to my full doors as well.

i should also say they rattle like crazy. i haven't had time to see about adding some kind of rubber bumper to them.

AxlesUp

Loc.
Collierville TN
just wanted to say that i got my new rubber bumpers in and i installed them in about 30 seconds. my doors are now officially rattle free! the tube doors are now as tight as any new car door.

the folks at Duff really stand by their products!

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Ok, Suzy got me behind the Camera to talk about Doors and Lift off hinges. This should clear up some confusion and maybe even educate one or two of you. ;D

We did this in a few different segments. If you dont have facebook you may not be able to view the first segment yet. we are converting it to youtube as we speak.

https://www.facebook.com/JamesDuffIn...message_bubble

Here is the second segment that we uploaded directly to you tube:

https://youtu.be/0WspfRWiRJg

this is real action thriller type stuff so hold on to your butts!!

more to come soon!

mini73

Great video. I just took off my soft doors and inserts. Got my snoop doors that I made in now. Come next summer I am going to try to get some of your trail door with removable hinges so I can go from trail doors to snoop doors and vice versa. Love you products!!!'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk