• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

"MEAN GENE" BUILD! Currently with Tom Hyde at Lick Creek Restorations

OP
OP
TTTGOWYO

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
I LOVE reading those "Super Builds" I am like you.. a thread stalker.. haha... I am working 80 hours a week so hard to find time between that and my two boys. I am slowing down this summer so will be able to kick it in overdrive and actually give some decent updates. :) Oh, and I wasn't complaining. It kind of sounds like it reading it again. Tasker is ALWAYS entertaining and his build is educational AND a comedy show. His build is going to turn out awesome. I watch yours too. We need to have a small "event" up there or down here somewhere. My neighbor and I were talking about doing a local Bronco group meeting. He has 5 EB's..

Anyway, update. Last night got some more little stuff done. Prepped and painted the heater box and wiper cover. They look brand new. (I will get pics tonight) Also removed the last for the belt trim and plastic clips. The body is VERY close to being ready to lift. Hopefully Sunday will be a productive day. My wife asked what I wanted for Father's Day and I said "An entire day working on my Bronco by myself." :) We shall see how that goes.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
TTTGOWYO

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Sorry no updates.. I am down and out for a while. I had to have back surgery on Thursday on my back and am stuck in bed for about 6 weeks! Maybe I can get my post count to 2K as I will am SOO bored!! Just kidding, about posts not the boredom. Hopefully I can limp to the garage in another week or so and at least do small stuff. Wish me luck.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Sorry to hear that, hope your recovery goes quick. I,m looking at neck surgery for a couple ruptured discs..ouch! Take it easy and get well soon.

Fred

OP
OP
TTTGOWYO

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Thanks Fred. Good luck with your neck. I finally had to do something when my left leg went numb. Hopefully this is the last surgery.

OP
OP
TTTGOWYO

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Ok, figured I better post an "update" before this gets deleted.. :) I have had my share of setbacks but still try to do a little here and there. Here is a couple pics as i have started making progress on the floors. Broke down and got a cheap air hammer and WOW was that worth it. Thanks to that great video posted by someone on here(wish I could remember who). That helped a lot. The only bad thing is my compressor is half the size I need so have to stop and let it catch up a lot. :) The white paint you see is where I laid down the replacement panel and spray painted the edge so I knew a good outline. I have more pics but need to download them. I will try and bring this thread (and my build) back from the dead. Seeing all the Super Celebration pics has inspired me to get to it. I lost my father in March and this Bronco reminds me SO much of him and all the time we spent busting knuckes on it together. I need to finish it for him.. and for me. Wish me luck.

Attachments

• Bronco Pass floor repair 2.jpg
    Bronco Pass floor repair 2.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Bronco pass floor repair.JPG
    Bronco pass floor repair.JPG
    254.4 KB · Views: 102

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry to hear about your Dad. If it is something you guys enjoyed doing together then I would work on the Bronco every day to help me get through the loss.

Tasker, you and I should get a little friendly competition going to see who can finish their Bronco in time for next years Super Celebration! ;D

OP
OP
TTTGOWYO

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Sorry to hear about your Dad. If it is something you guys enjoyed doing together then I would work on the Bronco every day to help me get through the loss.

Tasker, you and I should get a little friendly competition going to see who can finish their Bronco in time for next years Super Celebration! ;D

Thanks Stutsmo.. It has helped me to work on it. Just tough to find time. Where are you on yours? I HAVe to get it to Super Cel next year.. Might end up pushing it there, but she is going! :)

Chief Master Sergeant

Contributor
Retired U.S. Air Force
I didn't document my build on the 67 very well, but I must say, I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off until I made a priority list and stuck to it. I tried to work too many issues at one time and became overwhelmed. Once I slowed down and started working one issue at a time it seemed to go much smoother. The work on your heater parts looks great, but in the big scheme of things, that should have been low priority for you. As your time is limited and valuable to you, use what little you have to tackle the big items first and then worry about the small stuff later. Just my little bit of unsolicited advice. I wish I were close to you, as I would love to help you with the build.

OP
OP
TTTGOWYO

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
I didn't document my build on the 67 very well, but I must say, I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off until I made a priority list and stuck to it. I tried to work too many issues at one time and became overwhelmed. Once I slowed down and started working one issue at a time it seemed to go much smoother. The work on your heater parts looks great, but in the big scheme of things, that should have been low priority for you. As your time is limited and valuable to you, use what little you have to tackle the big items first and then worry about the small stuff later. Just my little bit of unsolicited advice. I wish I were close to you, as I would love to help you with the build.

Thanks for the sound advice Chief! I totally agree I have jumped all over the place on this build. I figure it all needs done at some point and I did the heater at the time as it was easy to work on in the house while doing other stuff. :) I am trying to FOCUS now on the major metal work. I too wish you were closer! I need a good welder and body guy that likes free beer. :) Once again, thanks for your help. I will take any and all advice.

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Stutsmo.. It has helped me to work on it. Just tough to find time. Where are you on yours? I HAVe to get it to Super Cel next year.. Might end up pushing it there, but she is going! :)

I have the frame/drivetrain done. The body is welded back togetherand waiting on me to getit sandblasted again...... it could be awhile before I see much more progress . Just don't have a lot of time to work on it right now.

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll bump this thread everyday if it will help to keep you going!!!;D

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Makin Progress? No worries, you will get there. Just get focused on tasks like Chief mentioned and complete them and move on. Best advice that I could offer is don't start something till you have all the stuff to finish it. Stuff only gets LOST or you forget where you were when you get back to it. That only wastes time and money! Ask me how I know! ;D

Hope your feeling well and sorry to hear about your having surgery.

OP
OP
TTTGOWYO

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Thanks Broncoitis.. I believe you are correct.. I need to do one thing at a time and get a sense of accomplishment. :)

OP
OP
TTTGOWYO

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Hah. Yes a little. I will get some pics up. I am traveling until Wed. Got some work done on the dash and floors. Slow and somewhat steady. Lol

OP
OP
TTTGOWYO

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Bronco is almost DONE!! *

Ok, maybe not, but the 1/10 scale version is getting closer.. ;)

These tires are WAY too big, so have ordered some more scale 3.3" versions.. but here is a poser pic with a "lift" I had to do to stuff those meats in there..

Attachments

• miniebside.JPG
    miniebside.JPG
    214.1 KB · Views: 83
  • minieb1.jpg
    minieb1.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 57
  • mini slots.jpg
    mini slots.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 53
OP
OP
TTTGOWYO

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Ok, so I should probably send a card out to all of those who subscribed to this thread back when I started it.

Was hoping to be DONE with this project 2 years ago and yet I am not much further than when I started. Life kind of happened. Moved, kids blah blah. Oh and money, it is hard to swallow all at once the kind of cash I need to get over the biggest hump.. body and paint work. I found someone on here that has a body cart up about 5-6 hours drive but never have time to go get it. I am considering building one. Just so I can get the body off and get it to my media blaster and then off to paint. I am struggling with whether or not to Line -x (or cheaper do it your self equivalent) on the underside of the body or just prep/paint. Any suggestions?

Thanks again for help/advice, sorry it has been SO long. Hard to do these full restos on your own, on a budget and in a two car garage. lol

Attachments

• IMG_6952.jpg
    IMG_6952.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6951.jpg
    IMG_6951.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_6410.jpg
    IMG_6410.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6407.jpg
    IMG_6407.jpg