• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Show me some seat pics

price209

Loc.
Folsom
I'm making a pick n pull run soon and was looking for some good bucket seat ideas and some creative rear seat options. Please post some pics. Thanks in advance.

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
Well if you go shopping for NEW Mustang seats what do you expect? My 93 Mustang convertible one's cost 20 bucks...FOR BOTH.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Every recent model year Mustang driver seat I have looked at in the U-Pull-It has been a power seat.
The motors for power seats go under the seat base, so power seats must be taller base than manual seats.

This may be no concern if you are short, but if you are tall you may find the top of the windshield frame is at eye level.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
And there is the crux of this.....

The seats really need to be low.

Miata seats are popular for this reason.

Certain year Audi and BMW seats have gotten popular in recent years due to having some manual option seats that sit really low but still have things like manual lumbar support and stuff.

Mustang seats usually require a bracket mod to get them as low as possible.
I know a guy that 5'10" and even he had to lower his Mustang seat brackets to see through the windshield.

I ended up going with WH Rally 2000 Procar seats. They sit really low. I think TBP has a really low seat as well. Just an inch or so makes a huge difference regarding seat height in an eb.

This is one area of your eb mods that you want to get right.

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
In my build thread you will see where I picked up some Explorer seats at the Pull-A-Part. These are electric with power bolster and power lumbar. Big plus, they also fold forward, which makes it easy for people to get in the back seat. When I mocked them up, the driver seat just sat a little high for me. Look at post #44 in the thread and you will see how I lowered the floor.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198074&highlight=flying+tiger

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Another thing you need to consider is that many (if not all) recent model year seats have air bags built in.

The U-Pull-It which I usually go to charges more for seats with air bags.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
My Fox body Mustang seats.....used stock Bronco drivers bracket (had to drill 2 holes. Used stock passenger bracket, too with some modification. They sit nice and low!!

Attachments

• IMGP1386.jpg
    IMGP1386.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 189
  • IMGP1390.jpg
    IMGP1390.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 118

amax

I have a pair out of a Mitsubishi esclipse. They are really comfy and fit well in the bronco. They are pretty low to the floor. Only prob is that they used to be grey but the sun has made them an odd shade of purple. Look at my garage. I have pics posted in there.

75Bronc

For the rear seat I have a rear seat from a Jeep JK 2 door. Fits great. It is such a good fit it rubs both wheel wells. Right at 40". I built some brackets for it to tumble and lock on, but you can buy them. It fits a lot tighter than a tj or yj seat!

Tstinnett

08 Jetta,pics in this thread http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278418&highlight=Jetta

itXo-UaZ1M02TYua6k5fGqqjh7tDMuKd_0ejIxZTeVUgV_gO29oZizM9qQRutwqUrgbG8vXTShhMVWjsXgxgdZk-BLoAKiFm9WwAzmchXJ-eLd3KOl-Lx2lmYJaS81jKqbis3Q

Cortez

Bronco Guru
My Fox body Mustang seats.....used stock Bronco drivers bracket (had to drill 2 holes. Used stock passenger bracket, too with some modification. They sit nice and low!!

Hey Pops what are the back seats that you are using? One of the biggest challenges of a junkyard seat is how to get a back seat that matches.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Expedition third row seats, I think around 2004 version. I had the front buckets, too, but they sat too high for me - sold them.

Father-in-law welded up a frame for the rear seats. Not movable forward/backward and don't fold flat. I'm sure you could fab (or have someone do it) a different mounting system. Mine has open space underneath for 'crap'. Not too bad as far as comfort goes. Fit between the wheel wells nice.

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I used front seats from a 2006 Camaro, I had to use different rails to get them low enough, cant recall what from. I had to modify the adjustment handle on the rails as well.
The rear seat is from a Dodge Colt Vista station wagon (older not sure what year), it is fold and tumble, both seat backs recline as well.
My seats are mounted to my cage, I have some pics on my build thread post #95 I think.
Here is a link to the build thread if you are interested.
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235035&highlight=spawn