• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for pics special stripes

fdimauro

Loc.
Erie, CO
Sorry I botched my first thread so I am trying again.

My 76 has some pin stripes that I have not seen on ANY other Bronco. They are both on the upper fenders and the lower fenders/rockers. They also wrap around the tailgate and NOT the lower fender. They also have a neat curve at then ends. I will post pics below.

Please post any pics you have of any Broncos with these pin stripes. I am going to attempt to re-create them as part of the restoration.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I am assuming those are painted on? I think that all the factory stripes were vinyl tape. They look custom to me so I do't think you'll find any others that match. That said, they look good and if they've been on that Bronco a long time I wold agree with you to use them for a "period correct" restoration.

OP
OP
F

fdimauro

Loc.
Erie, CO
Yes they are painted on. So is the FORD on the tailgate. Both are faded about the same so I thought they were factory. My old man had this Bronco since 82 and never had it painted.

OP
OP
F

fdimauro

Loc.
Erie, CO
I also saw that thread before. I just have not found another bronco with the same stripes. I was wondering if it was unique.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Yes they are painted on. So is the FORD on the tailgate. Both are faded about the same so I thought they were factory. My old man had this Bronco since 82 and never had it painted.

The FORD on the tailgate was painted on by Ford. They used a roller on the tailgate letters. The stripes were all vinyl. Again, they are nice looking and since they have been on the Bronco so long I would paint them back on even though they are not factory. It makes your Bronco unique!

OP
OP
F

fdimauro

Loc.
Erie, CO
Cool I am going for the original 'retro' look so I will put them back. I am trying to stay stock except for the 351w, headers, and dual pipes.

Lawndart

Loc.
Hey, that is my orange Explorer in that thread. Don't know what BB is talking about, the stripes fit the contours fine and the hood has a small white and a small brown stripe that outlines the hood contour. Certainly aftermarket, but these were definitely made for the Bronco. The Explorer badge was added as well, but it must have been done by a dealer or someone that knew what they are doing. The correct oem nuts are on the backside and the placement with the bed contour is spot on.
Personally, I dig the funkiness and think it goes with the '73 orange explorer package perfectly. :cool:

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Agreed, they are not factory stripes. Kind of a mix between the Decor Stripes and the Ranger Stripes, but add the Yellow Blocks.