• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Should I wait till spring to sell?

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I have had a bit of a wake up call the last few months. I realize that I do not have the time I used to, for anything especially messing with broncos. 4 kids running my company and still trying to have a life has taken just about any spare time. I will always have time to drive broncos but the major rebuilds and projects are just not happening like they used to. Also with my work being so busy I have lost the space in my shop to things that make me money not cost me money! I will never sell my 67bronco but I have two other broncos that I think I may let go. So should I try to sell them now? Or wait until the spring? Both run and drive, I have a few little things I want to get right before I try to sell them and I need final approval from the wife to sell "hers". But would it make any sense to wait until the spring? Like in the world of boats never try to sell in the winter wait until after the first warm sunny day of the spring then everyone "needs" a boat! So should I sell now or wait?

darrell82

Maybe wait till people get there tax returns back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Time isn't on our side, that's for damn sure...

I'd do it around tax time as well. Right before the warm up, money in folks pockets.

Good luck to ya

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
The nicer weather in spring will definitely get you more appeal. But, like was said, if you have a price in mind no harm listing it up and see what you get. You can always just hold out for the right offer.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Spring may have more competition. If yours is in better condition than most, it could be good. If it is worse than most, maybe not so good?

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Thanks for the input. I have to think about what I want for them and fix the few little things that need to be done. If I pull the trigger on selling them I think I will wait until March or April.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
My 2 cents is a fairly price Bronco will sell regardless. If it's done fully and super nice the Spring might be a little better for finding the casual looker.. But some people wanna pick it up earlier and do their personalization and have it ready for the Spring. And of course I'm always looking!

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
x4+...if they are as-is type Broncos post lots of pics (you know what pics this crowd wants to see) and your asking price, bump it once a month or so...if you're afraid of losing some money then yeah wait til Spring and roll the dice, Mr. Businessman will roll up in his loafers with no socks wanting to have his mechanic check it out, not worth the trouble IMO ;D

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Well neither of these trucks are show stoppers. Both have pros and cons to them but both run and drive and have clear titles. Both could be daily driven with a little work if you wanted to. I will make a final decision in the next week or so. I have pretty much made up my mind I an going to sell the 73 that was my wifes. The 75 lubr I am really up in the air about, I always wanted one, and I have this vision in my head of what I would do to it. Ugh! If I do sell them I will post them on the for sale section here before I try and sell them anywhere else.