• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1968 u14

Sunnyboy

Loc.
Alice, Texas
Here are some pictures of my new halfcab, pretty solid probably because it was undercoated when new, small rust hole on drivers floor because they installed a carpet, other then that pretty happy with it, had been in a barn in Wharton Texas since 1981 and the south Texas moisture got to it, rust seen is light surface. As I discussed before it has a 302 block (only) but badging reads 289, everything else is 289. Bronco was built in Dec. 68, stamping on motor reads 7M80.

Attachments

• IMG_1971.JPG
    IMG_1971.JPG
    263.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Congrats on the u14! This is the one that the guy advertised as a 68' roadster when he first listed it. I was ready to hook on to the trailer, take a couple of days off work and head south :) What are your plans for it?

OP
OP
S

Sunnyboy

Loc.
Alice, Texas
Well I took the engine out to rebuild, clutch, brakes and make it road worthy and drive and enjoy for a while. I'm trying to post more pictures, but having a hard time. It was given to the young seller by his aunt, I talked to him several times but he wanted more than I thought it was worth, although I'm not an expert, till we agreed on a price we were both happy with. He and his dad were both really nice people. I think he's first asking price was high because he thinks it was a U13 as you said. I've been a flat fender jeep guy for many years but got "bit".