• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is that a girl's Bronco?

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Oh, I'm not knocking girl Broncos, personally I think they're the best kind of Bronco :p

I just thought it was odd that he knew just by looking at a photo of mine. It must be oozing awesomeness.
Love the backstory on your Bronco Scoop!

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Instead of starting a new thread I'm just going to stick this story here since it's girl-Bronco related.

THIS MORNING....

I'm driving my Bronco to work and I stop by a local coffee shop that I don't usually stop at. I park right out front and this place has glass windows all along the front. It's kind of busy and I walk in with a small group of people.

As I'm placing my order (large black coffee) one of the workers arrives and asks the guy ringing me up hey did you see that awesome Bronco out front? My ears perk up because hey who doesn't love hearing people talk about their Bronco, right? The other guy looks up and sees my bronco outside and they start talking about how awesome it is (obs!).

Then the cowboy hat wearing dudes behind me chimed in and said yea, did y'all see there was an alien critter sitting shotgun? So the worker that just arrived ran over to look and pulled out his phone to take a photo and came back to the register.

At this point I was listening to them talk and waiting for them to make my coffee. The guy making it sees me and EXPLAINS that they were looking at a "cool old SUV" in the parking lot. I gave him a blank look (trying real hard not to giggle) and said "Ohhhh ok, fun. Glad y'all like it" He smiles at me indulgently and the group of guys start speculating about which patron in the room it could belong to.

There's an older guy with a long pony tail they rule out because it doesn't look like he can "work with his hands." Another guy is too young and doesn't look like he could afford it. They go on and on. Obviously they don't consider the women in the room. All the while I'm over by the coffee accouterments counter pretending like I'm doctoring up my black coffee shamelessly eavesdropping on their conversation.

Anyway I figure they've been hemming and hawing enough so I take my coffee and walk out in my full library lady garb, pencil skirt and all, and just for good measure I gave them a little wink as I pulled out my keys and unlocked my Bronco to climb in next to my "alien critter". Hahahhahaha I REALLY wish I could of heard what they said after I left know I was standing right next to them and they explained to me that car was an "old SUV" :cool: :-* :cool: :-*

Last edited:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
But you were able to avoid the usual 15 min. delay if they had seen you get out of it. You know they "hey I had one or brothers got one or how much $ for it? or Ford released a spy photo of the 2020 bronco".

It's getting to where I hate to stop for gas.

BTW women are getting as bad as men about the "is it for sell" part.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
LMAO! That’s classic.....how soon til you stop in for another coffee?

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
If she'd known that was going to happen, I could've stopped in to get the video of their reactions....

Yea, we should have planned that. You could have been a decoy in the corner.

That was pretty funny. I would have liked to have seen their faces better but I was too focused on making my exit smooth. It wouldn't have worked if I had fallen on my face or spilled my coffee all over the hood.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
LMAO! That’s classic.....how soon til you stop in for another coffee?

Their coffee sucks so it'll be a while. I've tried it 3 times now and it's always bitter. If you can't drink it black then they're not brewing it correctly.

I'll wait another year until they get a fresh crop of guys ;D

Weevil

full library lady garb, pencil skirt and all,
Are you kidding me
Anybody in their right mind would have figured that out .
Hell ain't no dude gonna be riding around with a alien .Not like the one you got

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
full library lady garb, pencil skirt and all,
Are you kidding me
Anybody in their right mind would have figured that out .
Hell ain't no dude gonna be riding around with a alien .Not like the one you got

Are you saying it's normal for a researcher to drive around in an antique vehicle with a Halloween prop in the passenger seat?? All of my coworkers drive Volkswagens and wear Birkenstocks and pleated slacks!!

...you've given me much to think about, sir. I obviously need to step up my game.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great story!! My wife used to experience and enjoy similar encounters back when she had her lifted '79 Bronco and drove it to work (office manager) every day in skirts and heels. ;-)

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Great story!! My wife used to experience and enjoy similar encounters back when she had her lifted '79 Bronco and drove it to work (office manager) every day in skirts and heels. ;-)

I love it! Nothing completes an outfit better than a nicely turned out Bronco. Or a rusty one. Or one covered in mud.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I love it! Nothing completes an outfit better than a nicely turned out Bronco. Or a rusty one. Or one covered in mud.

Hers was covered in mud more than a few times...she built it to wheel and enjoyed doing it! Here's an even older pic..before she lifted it 4" and put on bigger tires. And before we even met.

We met thanks to a personal ad I put in the paper:

"Divorced male looking for SWF: Looking for someone to share an outdoor-focused life involving camping and off-roading in Ford 4wd trucks. If interested, please revert with picture of truck."

;-p

Attachments

• Judi4.jpg
    Judi4.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Wonder what you'd got if you'd still been driving corn binders%)

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
HA... great story. Being married and the father of two daughters who now are through college and in the work force I can appreciate this. All of the "girls" in my house have driven my Bronco from time to time over the last 20 years and they always come home with a new story.

My wife refuses to drive it anymore because she doesn't like to "talk shop" when she stops at the store or gas station with everyone who comes by. She said it was like being a celebrity without the money to go with it....

Greg