• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My second Bronco... Crawler build...

OP
OP
Mountain Ram

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
have a work party coming in Saturday on mine, maybe that would help you get going again? even Baldwin is making the trip over!

I wish you were closer, I would be there!

As to the Fi-Tech- I have a mostly new engine build. Stock bottom end, everything else is brand new and should be sealed up tight- not my first engine build, but Murphy’s law does apply. No exhaust yet beyond the headers, so it’s hard to install an O2.

I took a harder path with a used Holley Avenger system and the TFI dizzy. I haven’t tried to start it, and it’s completely tunable, which gives me some hesitation and has made me stall in effort. A little truth bomb there... I am my own worst enemy.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
If we need to organize a wrench and roast Todd, just let me know. ��

And as for the leaks, 99% of the time it was exhaust leaks. Only way to be sure is to backfeed the system with shop air and spray with soapy water. I’ve found leaks in headers where they missed or ground a flange too much or where they all come together at the collector. 3 sets we’ve either had to repair or get replaced and counting.

OP
OP
Mountain Ram

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
If we need to organize a wrench and roast Todd, just let me know. ��

And as for the leaks, 99% of the time it was exhaust leaks. Only way to be sure is to backfeed the system with shop air and spray with soapy water. I’ve found leaks in headers where they missed or ground a flange too much or where they all come together at the collector. 3 sets we’ve either had to repair or get replaced and counting.

Not sure we are there Tom... it’s a couple small things holding me up- I e tackled all the big stuff. Working out the bugs once I get it running will be a load, but I’m not there yet.

Beyond headers, there is no exhaust yet. Need to get it started and on a trailer to take it to an exhaust shop. I want that tucked up and out of the way- I want it done once not cobbled together in my garage. I have a good set of shorty headers in it... we will see if they have any issues.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Not sure we are there Tom... it’s a couple small things holding me up- I e tackled all the big stuff. Working out the bugs once I get it running will be a load, but I’m not there yet.

Beyond headers, there is no exhaust yet. Need to get it started and on a trailer to take it to an exhaust shop. I want that tucked up and out of the way- I want it done once not cobbled together in my garage. I have a good set of shorty headers in it... we will see if they have any issues.

If you find a good shop let me know, no one around here I have found to do a clean job so I end up buying a bunch of mandrel bent tubing and piece it together unless we go with some of the vendors systems. On the Duck I have Bronco Huts 2 into 1 with their Sanderson headers and love that system, all mandrel bent SS and tig welded though on the Duck I did ditch their SS muffler for a Super Turbo muffler as it was a bit obnoxious for driving long distance. Duffs has a new 2 into 1 system as well as a dual system that is pretty much bolt on as well for some options.

OP
OP
Mountain Ram

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
I have used Bennys downtown Bristol. They did my old F250 and the exhaust on the ‘75 and I have had no issues. The crawler has a NP231/241 doubler as well as custom 4-link front and rear- it will need to be completely custom. I will probably go with a single exit- easier to repair as needed.

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
Look at all these people rallying behind you! ;D;D Plus the weather has cooled off so it's go time. Roll it out into the sunlight, clean the dust off, take some pictures of it. Anything to get yourself motivated again :cool:

OP
OP
Mountain Ram

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Look at all these people rallying behind you! ;D;D Plus the weather has cooled off so it's go time. Roll it out into the sunlight, clean the dust off, take some pictures of it. Anything to get yourself motivated again :cool:

This is why I love this community!!

No recent pics, but I will have to take up your advice and get it out of the garage.

Attachments

• FAE6EEE1-5FA0-44E3-BA57-686F04415710.jpeg
    FAE6EEE1-5FA0-44E3-BA57-686F04415710.jpeg
    192 KB · Views: 94
OP
OP
Mountain Ram

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Your kids are still young. That right there leaves little time for much of anything else. Not necessarily a bad thing :cool:

They are 9 and almost 8... Football & baseball coach, taxi driver, food provider and general entertainer all consume alot of my free time!

They love riding in my '75 as well as being offroad in my RZR. They want me to get it done too, but it's hard to explain that I need two good weekends of kid free time to get there.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
MOVE NORTH!!! more action on this thread in 3 days then in the past year! ;D;D;D;D;D

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So is there a date set for a work weekend? This is the time of year to do it!