• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Loss to the Bronco family :Update 10-29-07:

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Allan Stark (astark) called me this morning with news. Michael Stark (mstark) is no longer with us. He was found deceased at 6:45 this morning. Not a lot of details are know as of right now. Michael and a friend were out last night and apperantly decided to sleep in the car. That car was found at a gas station parking lot with Michael inside. That really is all we know right now.

I've tried to get in touch with a few of the family's friends to let them know. Allan expressed something to be on the board to let the whole family of friends know. The Starks have always looked at everyone here as part of thier family. I could not have imagined this kind of shock this morning.

The Bronco family has lost one of it's favorite sons.

I'm back from the Stark's home. Allan is holding up exceptionally well due to his faith on Christ. He does not question why this has happened. Valerie is finding comfort in knowing her son is in a better place. Amanda has had friends to help her hold together. Chris is shocked, he is there now being strong for the whole family. We left not long after Chris arrived home, it was time for just the family to be together. They wish everyone to know they truly are thankful for the thoughts and prayers expressed here from their extended family. I ask that you continue to prayer for them.

Michael was with his best friend Adam last night. They had been to the sand bar on the river, the local hangout in Batesville. Michael was even a designated driver, and had driven a few friends home. He and Adam stopped at a gas station for snacks. They ate and talked in Adams truck and at some point both fallen asleep. Adam woke at around 6:30 this morning to find Michael cold and unresponsive. He called 911. The EMTs tried against everything to revive Michael. Allan is known by all the local law enforcement due to his job with the state. It was a friend of Allan's that brought him the worst of news.

Michael's body has been taken to state crime lab for an autopsy. This is ONLY because at this time cause of death is unknown.

I will be gathering information as soon as I can as to setting up a memorial fund for the family. As you can imagine there is going to be unforeseen expenses for the family. Some have already expressed a wanting to help and I know it will be a blessing to the family.

10-29-07
Please bare with me on updating this. Today was not a good day for me. Michael was like a son and a brother to me.

Allan and Valerie were able to see Michael's body today and said he looked at peace. As I had hoped it should not take long to get an answer for the cause of death. It is the family's wishes that Michael's body be cremated. They have reasons for this and we will respect their decision.

A memorial is scheduled for 3pm Saturday at the West Baptist Church in Batesville Arkansas. I will be getting in touch with the church as to how services will be held.

We are gathering the information on setting up a memorial fund to help the family with expenses. I will post this as soon as I know something.

Allan and the whole Stark family wishes everyone to know their thoughts and prayers are appreciated. We need to continue to lift them up in prayer.
Allan does check the board, he reads what he can. It will be some time before he will be able to respond. He thanks everyone deeply for the love showed for his family.

Last edited:

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Wow - that's quite a shock. My heartfelt sympathy and prayers go out to the Stark familiy.

ky-resto

I offer my sincere condolences. If there is anything we can do for the Stark family to help them during this time of loss, please let me know.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Oh my God! I am so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out for the whole family. I pray for you all to have the strength and faith to deal with this great loss.

Bax

cootvon

Loc.
Little Rock, AR
holy sh%t! wow.. what a shock. my heart and prayers go out to the starks. the bronco world will never be the same without that young man

jeff

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
What a terrible and indescribable loss.

My prayers for Allan and family!

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
with out a doubt! That is 1 of, if not THE single most painful situations to endure!

I can not even begin to wonder why such things happen to good people, if GOD has a purpose when taking loved ones from us... I hope it is for a more significant reason that to "shake the ant farm" just to see what the ants do to fix it.

My condolence and best wishes to his family!

take care!

:cool:

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
This is absolutely horrible. Words cannot express....

Thoughts and prayers for the Stark family.