• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C-4 Vent Oopsee

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Have I mentioned before that I'm not an auto trans guy?

So I'm running the flathead for a while last evening...until I noticed a big pool of tranny fluid under it and called it an evening.

Helpful Hint: Don't forget to remove protective cap plug from trans vent tube before running. Puked probably a quart or so out the top of the trans fill tube..:D

On a positive note...that ole 239 V-8 is sounding pretty evil.;D

bax

Contributor
Old Member
It's OK Bill it was overfilled anyway, right.

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's OK Bill it was overfilled anyway, right.

uh..actually..no. It pretty much cleared out what fluid necessary to unwet the dipstick tube in the pan. ;D

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
My vent melted - puked fluid onto my headers and started my Bronco on fire TWICE.

Nothing crazy, but got it fixed :D

bax

Contributor
Old Member
uh..actually..no. It pretty much cleared out what fluid necessary to unwet the dipstick tube in the pan. ;D

Well to get any drive at all, you'l need your dipstick wet.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You are gonna want to upgrade that corona to Sam Adams, maybe Miller Light. Might not get the miles you want out of that corona.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Add a hose fitting to the vent hole on the C4 with a hose to an overflow bottle high on the firewall. (A Corona bottle would work great as an overflow bottle!) That way it will puke out and then flow back into the tranny. Been running my trail rig like that for several years now.

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Add a hose fitting to the vent hole on the C4 with a hose to an overflow bottle high on the firewall. (A Corona bottle would work great as an overflow bottle!) That way it will puke out and then flow back into the tranny. Been running my trail rig like that for several years now.

The hose fitting is already there, Gary...this C4 came out of a trail rig. ;)