• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Daves 71 NH Build

OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
keep after it Dave! thanks for the old school pics
Randy,
I'm tryin. Still don't have adequate heat hooked up. My heater is still awaiting gas install. So the colder it gets the more difficult it becomes. Yeah it's weird you sometimes forget about those things yah did 20+ years ago but it's good to remember them again.

Dave we are so close to each other we really need to check each build out soon! A little every day and we will get there.

Pete,
I agree, I can visit or be the visitee'. What's up for tomorrow or maybe next weekend if your up for it? My time is limited during the week except later eve's.

Lookin' forward to watching this build. Now I am going to go out and clean my garage.

71mb, I'm glad to see i have become an inspiration to you. Clean away;D

Last edited:
OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Randy, I was waiting for someone to notice that but i'm pretty sure it's a 70.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
i think you're right after looking at it closer. not very clear but the 1/4 body line looks right. When were these from again? 88?

OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The pics were taken Oct. 1990. Believe it or not i actually remember this Mustang running down the track because i had just gotten rid of my 69 Fastback that summer. I also had a 70 Galaxy with the rare sports roof option that i sold to fund the Bronco. That was all cheap easy money back then. What the hell happened.:eek:

357Bronco

Loc.
New Hampsha
The red Bronco in the second photo is me. Back when I drove it to the races. Dave, you need to come back to the drags next season, did I meet you back then?, I knew I saw your rig somewhere. Scott.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
The red Bronco in the second photo is me. Back when I drove it to the races. Dave, you need to come back to the drags next season, did I meet you back then?, I knew I saw your rig somewhere. Scott.

What are the friggin chances?!? :) That's awesome.

Last edited:

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Pete,
I agree, I can visit or be the visitee'. What's up for tomorrow or maybe next weekend if your up for it? My time is limited during the week except later eve's.

Sorry I missed thise Dave. I am usually out there at night during the week after 6 pm or so and work until I get frustrated, then call it quits. Next weekend I am away on a mini vacation so I will not be around.

Hank_

Bronco Guru
What a great build thread. To echo what others have said the garage is sweet. It makes working on jobs so much better. Also thanks for the old pics (not that they are old just a little dated);D. Also nice you have history with your bronco. Keep up the great work.

Henry

OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru

357, WOW, You gotta be kiddin me! Yah what are the chances huh, that was 21 yrs ago. Do they still have them their? All i remember is it was a park but don't know the name or the town. I could have met you, who knows. If they still have it i will have to consider returning for nostalgia reasons.

Sorry I missed thise Dave. I am usually out there at night during the week after 6 pm or so and work until I get frustrated, then call it quits. Next weekend I am away on a mini vacation so I will not be around.

Pete, no worries. we will hook-up sooner or later. Enjoy the vaca.

357Bronco

Loc.
New Hampsha
357, WOW, You gotta be kiddin me! Yah what are the chances huh, that was 21 yrs ago. Do they still have them their? All i remember is it was a park but don't know the name or the town. I could have met you, who knows. If they still have it i will have to consider returning for nostalgia reasons.

Pete, no worries. we will hook-up sooner or later. Enjoy the vaca.

Yes we still race there, Ossipee Valley Fairgrounds, I'll send you a schedule when it's done for the 2012 season.

OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was able to pull the dash today but what a pain. I still have to pull the stearing wheel.
Whats the best way to remove this? Do i need a wheel puller? It's one of the few things i have never done or have had to do until now. Is it easier to pull the whole column instead?

Also trying to remove the main harness/fuse block from the firewall. Removed/unplugged the connectors on the engine side, removed the two screws from the fuse block and top half comes off. The half with the connectors thru the wall don't seem to remove but it's loose. Is there some type of tab?

Henry, Thanks for the kind words. Im glad you like the garage and the thread. Hope i can keep enough going to keep you interested. I gotta get some friggin heat in here soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes we still race there, Ossipee Valley Fairgrounds, I'll send you a schedule when it's done for the 2012 season.

Thats it. Thanks Scott that would be awesome. I'll look forward to attending. Maybe we can get a few of us up there for maybe a mini meet of some type. Obviously mine will still be far off but that won;t keep me away.

Edit:
Ok wait. I knew this was in Maine not NH. Are you sure this is the same place Scott? Ossipee??

Edit: Scott, Yes correct. Ossipee Valley Fairgrounds is in South Hiram, ME.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
ONLY if Scott isn't going will i be there..:-* J/K little buddy....hope to see ya soon. BONES outing?

OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Been a while but was able to get a few hours in on the Bronco. Picked up a puller to get my steering wheel off as well as a "throw away" 4" grinder and pack of misc disks at HF for under $35. The grinder actually seems to be well made and i tested on some scrap worked pretty good for what i was expecting for $14.99. Comes with a extra set of brushes too. I'll put it to the test shortly. I'll be picking up a milwaukee or dewalt this summer for the heavy stuff.

DSC01266.jpg

As i said, got the wheel and dash off.
DSC01262.jpg

Ripped up the riveted and "silver" siliconed floor patch as well as the shifter tunnel cover the PO slapped on.
DSC01263.jpg

DSC01264.jpg

Used my cut-off to cut the weld seem holding the last piece of scrap The PO had welded/riveted over the skirt.
DSC01265.jpg

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
Hey Dave, keep at it! Man this looks awfully familiar. Now I know that I am truly a sick individual, because I want to get up your way and help you tear into that thing! By the way, I just picked up the same grinder, and that frickin thing is a beast. I too expected much less.

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Nice to see an old ride resurected!!

BTW- you are my hero with that garage!!! I wish the better half would let me build that here. She knows I would spend all my time out there!

Good luck with the build!!

TD

OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Dave, keep at it! Man this looks awfully familiar. Now I know that I am truly a sick individual, because I want to get up your way and help you tear into that thing! By the way, I just picked up the same grinder, and that frickin thing is a beast. I too expected much less.
Thanks man. HaHa!!, Well anytime your up this way let me know. Your more than welcome. Yeah seems pretty rugged but only time will tell.

OP
OP
dave67fd

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
one step at a time Dave. Alow and steady wins the race! Need to pop over there soon.

Pete,
How slow does it need to be to become unsteady?;D;D
Def. swing by some time. I need advise with this thing at some point?:?

Nice to see an old ride resurected!!

BTW- you are my hero with that garage!!! I wish the better half would let me build that here. She knows I would spend all my time out there!

Thanks Ram,
My other half didn't have a choice,;D It was funded with a gift from my grandmother when she passed. The Iron golden eagle on the front of it was on her garage for 60+ years. So it's a tribute to her.

Last edited: