• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project Springtime or Busted!!!

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Ok, 2011 is upon us. I am feeling 100% better than I was last month and it is time to get some STUFF done! I want to enjoy this truck this year so it has to get DONE! ;D

Long list of things to do to get there: Raise Passenger side cowl, Install Vintage Air System, Convert to EFI, Explorer Serpentine Conversion, Convert to Hand Brake, Custom Center Console, Corbeau Seats (Maybe), Tires and Wheels, Front and Rear Bumpers (Pre Runner Style), etc.....

Any suggestions are always welcome! Wanna do things the right way the first time and avoid taking steps backward. :)

Didn't have alot of time to work on things today but got started and that is a positive. Gonna try and finish one thing at a time and not stray in different directions but I know that is not gonna be easy. :cool:

Anyway, here are some pics of the truck and what got done today! Not much progress, just breaking stuff down and getting ready for some real progress tomorrow!

Attachments

• Bronco Build Pics 2011 008.jpg
    Bronco Build Pics 2011 008.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 741
  • Bronco Build Pics 2011 006.jpg
    Bronco Build Pics 2011 006.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 632
  • Bronco Build Pics 2011 009.jpg
    Bronco Build Pics 2011 009.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 795
  • Bronco Build Pics 2011 011.jpg
    Bronco Build Pics 2011 011.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 738
Last edited:
OP
OP
broncoitis

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that had the bottom of the truck lined with Line X and not really impressed with the way that this stuff was applied! I thought that this stuff was virtually impossible to get off easily? Well lucky me I guess because I was literally able to peel mine off so long as I could get an edge up! :eek: %) :(

Didn't trust the guy that did the job once I got to know him and I guess that I was right. Oh well what are you gonna do I guess.

Here is a pic of a peeled off piece!

Attachments

• Bronco Build Pics 2011 010.jpg
    Bronco Build Pics 2011 010.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 727

mavereq

Bronco Guru
that sucks about the linex. i pick my frame and axle housings up on monday and i'm a bit worried about the quality of the work.

OP
OP
broncoitis

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Yeah, I guess that taking it off from different areas shouldn't be too hard which is looking on the bright side obviously. :mad: Honestly, don't know why this happened. Had everything coated underneath to protect the truck and now I don't know if it was a good move or not! On top of the crappy application from what I can see, it isn't even really that thick at all like I wanted. Not even a 1/16" thick and that kinda ticks me off! :mad:

I will leave it for now but I think that eventually I will peel it all off and get it done Right elsewhere! :cry:

OP
OP
broncoitis

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
There was no paint underneath! Just primer from what I could tell. Gonna give LineX a call for sure. Don't know if they will care or not but maybe they can do something to make it right.

I don't know if you can explain or not but how do you attach a link to your sig? Can't seem to figure it out by using the name of the build thread! Can attach the URL but not the name like others have done! %)

OP
OP
broncoitis

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Thanks Mav that will help!

In regard to the LineX do you think it matter with paint vs. primer? I think that it would effect the application but I don't do LineX for a living. ?:?

mavereq

Bronco Guru
are you worried about having bare primer underneath? i would be a little worried about that. from what i've been told, moisture can get through primer.

mavereq

Bronco Guru
<a href="http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176088">my build thread</a>

OP
OP
broncoitis

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Yeah, I guess I am worried because I have heard that the bedliner is not exactly waterproof either. I have been told that moisture can get through that as well.

What stinks is that this truck was purchased from Arizona in Phoenix and is completely RUST FREE! I wanted to get a SOLID truck and I did and I gave it to this shop completely sandblasted clean and ready to be done right or at least I thought so! :eek:

Have you heard anything similar about the linings?

OP
OP
broncoitis

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Finally figured it out! Thanks again Mav. I owe you one for your patience with this Computer Idiot! LOL! :cool:

Now back to the important thing, the Bronco and WHAT TO DO ABOUT THE LINEX job that was done? What do you think and any others that read this!

74NJBronco

Loc.
Livingston, NJ
Finally figured it out! Thanks again Mav. I owe you one for your patience with this Computer Idiot! LOL! :cool:

Now back to the important thing, the Bronco and WHAT TO DO ABOUT THE LINEX job that was done? What do you think and any others that read this!

Great color broncoitis. Awesome that you got your build thread going.:D I think some one else on here had a problem with the way rhino-linning was sprayed on and they took there truck to another rhino-linning franchise owner, maybe you should get a second opnion. Good luck

hardcharger

Loc.
San Diego
linex is guarunteed forever you should be able to go to another linex dealer as long as you got the paperwork from the guy who did it and have them redo it. i have had other linex dealers fix chips in my truck bed before a couple times.

OP
OP
broncoitis

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Great color broncoitis. Awesome that you got your build thread going.:D I think some one else on here had a problem with the way rhino-linning was sprayed on and they took there truck to another rhino-linning franchise owner, maybe you should get a second opnion. Good luck

Thanks 74! Unfortunately the truck is not really clean right now and the tires look like crap. However, cleaned up it really looks good. At least I think so! ;)

Yeah, I am happy to get working on the Bronco Again. Just wish the truck was in Mahwah and not Clifton.

We will have to get together sometime!

Rob

OP
OP
broncoitis

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
linex is guarunteed forever you should be able to go to another linex dealer as long as you got the paperwork from the guy who did it and have them redo it. i have had other linex dealers fix chips in my truck bed before a couple times.

Hardcharger,

I forgot about the guaranteed for life! Hopefully I can dig up the receipt. :eek:
Would really like to put the horns to the guy that applied it in the first place somehow! :mad: However, he is in Tx and im in Nj now so it is what it is, I just don't wanna have a rust bucket one day because I have a very solid truck with no rust.

Anyway, heading to work on the passenger cowl and raising it up for Vintage Air install. I will post pics later! ;D

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Me thinks me needs to build a fire under your ass!! your todo list should take you a month max. The good thing is that the vintage air and the efi install is fresh in my mind so I can help you with those. One weekend max!!