• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gumby gets an overhaul! Supercharged Coyote, 6r80 & Atlas and much more!

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Wow, you do have a good relationship with your UPS man. Thats cool!!!

All the kids on my sons T ball team want to go on a ride in mine too. Now that I have the new tranny in, and seats and seat belts, I can start giving them rides.

Sometimes i go to the games or practices in the Razor and they all wanna go for a ride in it too. Kids are great!!!

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Here are pics of a few of the things that have not made it on the Bronco yet. I was supposed to do that earlier but Im working with a guy that likes to say "while youre taking that apart you might as well do that other thing also" Its like an addict egging on another addict. So I am now waiting on several other pieces. Radiator & dash are still missing. Should be here some time next week hopefully.

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

Here are the AC vents I decided to go with. Still have not decided on the color yet but most probably its going to be some form of matt silver.

DSC_0004.JPG

I really like how clean the dash looks from this BC-Bronco project so that is what my dash will be modeled after. Chuck, I hope you dont mind me using your pic ;D I will paint the new dash body color and not black.
robs%20dash.jpg

AC%20controls%20lit%20up.jpg

dash%20done.jpg

AC%20controls%20lit%20up.jpg

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

This is the bracket for the astro hydroboost. Really clean and well made!

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like the way those A/C vents look. I wonder if they would fit in a stock dash? I'll have to do some measuring.;D

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Things that arrived today:
BC Broncos - Ford DUI, Livewires, Pure Power Spark plugs, Billet 10mm wire separators. Amsoil oil filter, magnetic prefilter, Derale fan, radiator fan protector. Radiator upper and lower hoses to clear the serpentine system.

Bronco Graveyard - rear carpet, full carpet holddown, hoses & tubes for the wiper nozzles.

Im still waiting on the 23g tank, ron davis radiator and shroud, new blank dash and nordskog spedo from BC Bronco.

Time to get to work.....;D

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Installing the dynamat stuff. About half way done. That is some tedious shit! Not to mention sticky. And using that stupid little wooden roller really works up a sweat! Im to damn skinny for this crap

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Progress pics. The rear carpet arrived. Looks like I will get it all done today.

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 214
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 192
OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
The new gauge and bezel just arrived. This thing comes quite complete. All new sending units. Its the same size as the current Bronco gauges. Also the gauge speed will be gps based. No more dealing with guesses and tire size and gears stuff. It will just be accurate every time ;D Solving one issue at a time until there are no more......

Attachments

• photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 216
  • photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 133

msweb

Bronco Guru
Looking DAMN good Herm! I can't wait to see her again, she'll be a whole new ride!

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
So I got the front and rear sound deadening in. Installed all the carpets. I ran out of the dynamatt like stuff so I could not do the doors or the tailgate.

I took her out for a ride and its the strangest thing. I cant hear my exhaust from underneath. The engine sound if muffled and the weirdest thing of all. Where are my squeaks and rattles. With the exeption of a few rattles from the door which I will fix tomorrow, there are none......at the moment ;D

All I can say is that its one of the best 140 bucks I spent on the Bronco so far. The difference is night and day!!! I urge anyone to do the same.

Oh, did I mention no more hot feet? ;D The only issue I can think of is that I do like the sound of the exhaust so to hear it, I guess the skinny pedal will get a work out!!

Its already dark out so I will take pics of the interior tomorrow. The procar rally seats look hot!!

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Did another Autozone run for a couple supplies then I saw the ss wirebraid hose kits. Turns out it looks quite nice so I decided to give all hoses in the enginebay the same treatment. Definitely nicer looking than the standard black hose.

Upper Radiator Hose:

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG