• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got offered 25k for my EB

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I would sell mine for that price in my head :)
I need another project Bronco to start.

Whats in your head !?!

carful tho ..... I showed up unannounced w. trailer and cash at guys house asking about his not for sale EB ! He came up w. a not for sale price and next thing we loaded up the eb on my trailer !

cash talks ...

last week a guy came to me w. stupid cash ( in a box) for my super rare , low mileage 02 LE 7.3 F350 4x4 dually !
I didn't need the truck and didn't needed to sell it .... but hey cash talks !

his now and I seldom sell anything ....

Attachments

• 20180409_191151.jpg
    20180409_191151.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 137
  • 20180409_191117.jpg
    20180409_191117.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 20180409_191253.jpg
    20180409_191253.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 20180409_191126.jpg
    20180409_191126.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 150

KeithKinPhx

Bought my 66 Mustang convertible in 89 for $6500. Bought my 68 Bronco for $4000 in 92. Have had offers for both in the 20k range.

But when you love your classics there really is no price you would sell at. Honestly $100k wouldn't tempt me on the Bronco. Just not interested in selling. Yeah I know I could buy a different one and make it mine but it would never be "my Bronco". I hear stories from guys all the time of how they sold their toy and shouldn't have. They say they got a fair price but they all seem to regret taking it years later.

BRONCITIS74

Contributor
I was at a car show during the summer when a guy came up to me and asked me if it was my Bronco. I told him yes. He asked how much I wanted for it. I told him 35. He said hundred? I said no, thousand. End of conversation. He walked away.

crankman

I have had many guys pitch the is it for sale but none have ever actually produced the cash. Most of them are just trolls looking for cheap buy checking to see if you would bite.

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Whats in your head !?!

carful tho ..... I showed up unannounced w. trailer and cash at guys house asking about his not for sale EB ! He came up w. a not for sale price and next thing we loaded up the eb on my trailer !

cash talks ...

last week a guy came to me w. stupid cash ( in a box) for my super rare , low mileage 02 LE 7.3 F350 4x4 dually !

I think i would have done the same on the F350. You're right, cash does talk!
I never get offers the way mine's set up so the chances of getting one are pretty much nil.
Another racer is in the works and mine is on the back burner now

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Whats in your head !?!

cash talks ...

I have to agree. Cash does TALK.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I have been asked may times if my 67 is for sale, I always say no. I have a guy offer me $20K for my 70 at a car show last weekend, I kind of brushed him off because I really don't want to sell it. I have sold a bunch of broncos over the years most was no big deal one I regret to this day.MY 67 was my first bronco and will most likely be the last one I would sell. The three trucks I have now I really have no desire to sell, it would have to be stupid money for me to consider it.

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
This is a funny story.
So a few years ago two ladies are driving past my house looks to be picking up scrap on trash day. I’m doing my usual tinkering with my Bronco and I can hear the ladies conversation “ you ask him. So the woman pulls put and says my daddy had a Bronco like that. So you want to sell it ? I say No it’s not for sale . She says come on everything is for sale. I says it’s not for sale. She said name it . I say Ok 15 . Her eyes got real big and said “ What’s wrong with it ? “. I started laughing and you do know I mean 15,000 not 15 hundred right . She suddenly had a disappointment look on her face and said “ Oh” They drove away.

LilMixedUp

Loc.
Bonaire
same story different area, always... they chase you down or follow you home and drool all over them but they really don't know. Those that really appreciate them just look and say nice vehicle, and comment on the amount of work you've put into it. Most never understand the labor of love that we put into our Broncos. And yes, you could never replace it or recover all you labor hours when selling. But sometime we have to let one go..... for the right price :)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Not here, too abused really for someone to make an offer

but it works great for my purpose, so keeping it ;)

A week or so ago a friend of a friend text me and was asking about my 73. He's got a 78 and always wanted a EB. He asked a few times what i'd take for it, I just keep saying....."I was taught to never make the 1st offer", I always had a If I get X amount number in my head then I would sell. Well Monday night he text me and offers me 25k. I was floored.....to me my Bronco isn't a 25k EB, no where as nice as some of the other rigs I see here. But I just don't see me selling it for that amount, I bought it about 8 years go for $6,500. Only thing I've done is redone the interior. Especially after looking at prices and seeing I couldn't replace mine with a nicer one for that amount of money. Prices are like houses in my area right now. Through the roof, I might have told him yea had I been able to buy a nicer one for the same amount. Anyone ever offered you a amount that made you think real hard about selling?

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
been asked what it's worth, but never asked to sell....been asked "can I take a picture of it?" several times though, once at a red light %);D

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
I have had my bronco since April this year (I got into the game too late, but I am in it now!) So far I have been offered 20K for it a couple times. Of course, I say "it's not for sale", as of right now it is a keeper. I do think if someone offered 40k though I might sign. haha... I've seen quite a few Broncos original paint broncos in that range that I would like just as much as mine. I also have a thing for Porsches and Alfas and could get myself into one with that kind of scratch. (Don't hate me for my love of european sports cars) haha

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Same thing happens to me every 6 weeks or so. That $25K number seems to be in the strike zone for people.