• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What caliber are your fuses?

AZreGuy

Here is what I found and few extra. Some still are multi purpose.

Attachments

• IMG_4946.jpg
    IMG_4946.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_5114.jpg
    IMG_5114.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 168

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Some of those would give a whole new meaning to "blowing" a fuse!:eek:
Always orient that type with the lead-side up...%)

Paul

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I'm pretty sure a fuse has a lead strip down the center of the cartridge.

The other Type is a self indicating fuse-able link. That type sends out a flair if overheated. That way you know when there is a problem. I personally prefer the glass fuse type. the glass fuse type usually come in a box of 5 or so but the fusible link type come in boxes of 50 to 100.

They were really hard to get for a few years but are getting easier to find these days. They have gotten a whole lot more expensive than they use to be.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hah! Yeah, was just telling someone the other day I used to by a case (brick) of 500 .22 caliber "fusible links" for $5.00. Less if on sale that day!
Shoot all day and have enough left over for another day. Heck, in the old days when shooting the bolt action, I could run through a day of fun on 100 rounds. Five days then, for five bucks.
Not a bad life...

Paul

ransil

Bronco Guru
Hah! Yeah, was just telling someone the other day I used to by a case (brick) of 500 .22 caliber "fusible links" for $5.00. Less if on sale that day!
Shoot all day and have enough left over for another day. Heck, in the old days when shooting the bolt action, I could run through a day of fun on 100 rounds. Five days then, for five bucks.
Not a bad life...

Paul
Did the same thing, all day entertainment. For 5 bucks. We had an old bolt action that when hot could not open the bolt, time to hint bottles and reset target's, we used to shoot behind a drive inn theater and the hillsides behind it was where all the bottles & cans got thrown.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
That was the only way we could keep our spotlight working when jackrabbit spotlighting

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.. WHEN I WAS IN COLLEGE & Hunting a lot with Larry Joe. His old 1965 IH 266 4 SPEED truck .. It got really good gas mileage so we hunted out of it most of the time.
He used 22 shorts seem like .. BUT
AS WAS SAID If the bullet stayed in the fuse case too long It'd get hot enough to blow the
Lead out of the copper casing . It'd just make a little pop & we'd add another casing empty or full it didn't seem to faze Larry Joe.