• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

D20 to Adapter Bolts or Studs?

AZMike75

Loc.
Phoenix, Arizona
I recently bought the 4R70W kit from BCB and they sent me six studs with lock washers and nuts to mount the D20 to their provided adapter. Is this normal? When I removed the D20 originally it had bolts if I remember correctly. Also- any idea what these sleeves are for that were in the same bag?

Of course I'll ask BCB but thought someone on here could chime in so I can get this thing installed this weekend. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_1349.jpg
    IMG_1349.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 26

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just a guess, but I would think the sleeves are actually dowel pins. I seem to remember one at least being there from the factory.

I can assume too, that they substituted studs for the old bolts either because it was felt to be a better method, or was required with the new components for some lack of clearance issue that crops up when a housing change is made.

Haven't installed one myself, so both are only guesses. I know it's a weekend, but PM either MonsterMike, or jduffent here and maybe you can grab someone between projects.

Good luck.

Paul