• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mecum Kissimmee 2018 Broncos

OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
I can't stop looking at that yellow one!

I was thinking the same thing until I saw this pic. I sure hope their attention
to detail on the rest of the truck is better than this...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 163

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
I should have been clearer....I like the color scheme, wheels, tire size and stance a lot. Engine compartment and interior paint work not so much.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
THAT Hemmings write up is cool...but airbags?

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Loving both the uncuts, but yeah, the yellow one is a bit suspicious. Not that I wouldn't spend a few thousand on it, but I'll bet it'll sell for higher than I have! I agree that the lift, wheels and tires is a great look!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
It did read instead of springs though didn't it?
"and a suspension that used airbags instead of the Bronco’s standard leaf springs in rear and coil springs in front." ?

OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
Probably talking about Crazy Colt ~ Big Oly...???

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No, just talking Crazy. Some of the new Bronco blood is still learning.....

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Back in the day before Duffy even had his degreed radius arm bushings or replaceable poly track bar bushings, the ONLY thing available for suspension mod's for your Bronco was AIR LIFT bags to keep the front from hammering "thru" your axle on big landings..."little" things like shocks...there weren't any shocks available that were longer...just couldn't go and buy front shocks that were 1 1/2" longer so they wouldn't snap in half on a hard landing...stuff like that..

Anyway, we ran Airlift bags in both our Broncos as soon as we added winches- one in '70 and mine in '78.

It was all about "making it work with what ya had" back then...

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
75 Stroppe

I originally purchased this 1975 Stroppe in Imperial Beach (suburb of San Diego) maybe 8 years ago. It was in unrestored condition. It had been repainted a burgundy color. I sold it to Mark Fusting(local San Diegan) and My shop, Beach City Broncos did a lot of work on it. We did all of the paint and body work on the body chassis and axles. We then turned it back over to Mark Fusting, the owner and he did the remainder of the restoration. The truck came out really nice. Mark Fusting sold it to the current owner in 2017.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I originally purchased this 1975 Stroppe in Imperial Beach (suburb of San Diego) maybe 8 years ago. It was in unrestored condition. It had been repainted a burgundy color. I sold it to Mark Fusting(local San Diegan) and My shop, Beach City Broncos did a lot of work on it. We did all of the paint and body work on the body chassis and axles. We then turned it back over to Mark Fusting, the owner and he did the remainder of the restoration. The truck came out really nice. Mark Fusting sold it to the current owner in 2017.

so btw the 71 and the 75 w. one is the better buy ?

looks like the 75 got a lot more stroppe parts on it !?

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
stroppes

The 71 would be more valuable I believe. The earlier ones (1971) tend to bring more money largely because of the Stroppe steering box modifications and the Stroppe transmission adapter which are very unique. Its also my understanding the 71was carefully restored with a ton of NOS parts and it reflects the caliber of Andrew's work. Based on the auction estimates, the auction house agrees. In either event these are both fine examples of the Stroppe bloodline and I, for one. hope they both bring big numbers.

ohpoo2

Contributor
They both look great and the were getting looked at alot being inside the building with the big money cars. Looked like the 71 did not have power steering thought that was odd. We saw 7 bronco there sat. Only 1 went to auction that day and it went high I think 38k with chrome tailgate trim on lower part of grill. huh. Was a great time.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
They both look great and the were getting looked at alot being inside the building with the big money cars. Looked like the 71 did not have power steering thought that was odd. We saw 7 bronco there sat. Only 1 went to auction that day and it went high I think 38k with chrome tailgate trim on lower part of grill. huh. Was a great time.

Power steering (and the automatic) were options in '71 and '72 so some trucks didn't have them.

It bears worth repeating to show the pictures of the '71 in its as-found condition (found by Randy at Driven 4x4) to show just exactly how awesome Andrew's restoration of it really is.

Todd Z.

Attachments

• DSC04072_750x563.jpg
    DSC04072_750x563.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC04073_750x563.jpg
    DSC04073_750x563.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC04074_750x563.jpg
    DSC04074_750x563.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC04075_750x563.jpg
    DSC04075_750x563.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC04076_750x563.jpg
    DSC04076_750x563.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 90

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Power steering (and the automatic) were options in '71 and '72 so some trucks didn't have them.

It bears worth repeating to show the pictures of the '71 in its as-found condition (found by Randy at Driven 4x4) to show just exactly how awesome Andrew's restoration of it really is.

Todd Z.

I think I would wet myself if I ever saw something like that in a "barn" waiting to be discovered.

Jaxgtc

Two down at Kissimmee...

Attachments

• mecum kissimee 2 sold.JPG
    mecum kissimee 2 sold.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 110