• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

78-79 Bronco Parts Value ?

EB70

Hello,

I have a local friend who finds me stuff that he isn't interested in. He has a 78 Bronco, 4-speed rig. Missing a door, beat up, no engine etc.

What are the desirable parts on this era Bronco? I know about the interchange stuff with our early Broncos, but what other stuff can I get rid of that people will actually want?

He says it has OEM sway bars etc. I know little about 78 and up Broncos as far as collectibility etc.

Thanks, Rob

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
If it's a 4x4 grab the steering bux, knuckles out for disc brake swap. Front axle shafts can be cut down, 31 spline 3rd menber, tilt column.

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
X2 on all the above...Get it all, then put it on Craigslist because all the front end stuff like the "front clip" and interior (front seats & fwd) of a 78/79 Bronco will work on 73-79 F100,F150, F250, F350 2wd and or 4wd.

OEM sway bars can be re-sold for sure.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
All of it. The front axle is almost likely a high piñon Dana 44.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broncobowsher

Total hack
'78 Bronco will be power steering, no other option
It will be 4WD, no other option
Might be a 205, but I have heard of the 203 being installed behind the 4-speed as well.
4-speed is either an NP435 or T18 which will plug into a small block bellhousing. Not the choice transmission if trying to keep the D20, but if looking at an NP205 it is a package. '78 Bronco is the one and only year/model that can be had factory with an NP205 and 1310 CV on both yokes, others need yoke changes to use the 1310.

OP
OP
E

EB70

OK I was aware of the mechanicals except for some of the driveline trivia. I did not look at the transferase because I just assumed it was a 205. Actually a 203 wouldn't be bad from a doubler perspective.

I am waiting to hear back. I did look at it though. It is fairly nice actually other than bashed quarter. Still has matching OEM wheels. I guess another way to say it is that if this was an EB, it would be restored, no questions at all.

We'll see what he comes back with. Usually takes him a little while.

OP
OP
E

EB70

Actually I had forgotten about that. I already have a couple of NP435/205's laying around. There is a lot of parts that would be nice to have, but nothing that I "have to have". However, there was a NP435 in the bed of the tow truck. I did ask for that too. Sounds like another good reason to get this.

Going to have to text again....

OP
OP
E

EB70

I would doubt it. I live in the driest part of the state.

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sure about that? I can't remember the last time it rained here.

There are a ton of good parts from the transfer case support, radius arm brackets, is it factory dual shock? That's rare if it is. Steering stabilzer brackets, cab mounts, proportioning valve, transfer case cross member, pedal assembly.....

OP
OP
E

EB70

It's a matter of speaking. I'm from your part of the world and you are a little drier, and I get a TON of snow, but rural Klamath County is awfully dry. However, 100 is about the max for a day or two . Summers are probably avg. 15 degrees cooler than you easily.

Anyways, enough with the weather.

This Bronco is fairly clean. Not as bad as I thought. I do need to clean out the bed etc. but basically complete sans engine. It has front and rear sway bars. 4-speed/205. Not sure on the rest. I got to talking after I got it loaded and didn't look at it much. Does not have tilt, but does have other stuff including good steel and a nice windshield. Black with red interior and no air, which in my case is a good thing. The thing I like the best is that it still has factory wheels and decent bumpers etc.

Thank you for all of your help. I'll look it over closely. I'll get to looking at it in a day or two

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've had a couple 78-79 Broncos but never one with a manual. Always wanted one but they're not that common. Neighbor has one for sale with a zf 5 speed.

metal1

Loc.
hidesert ,socal
I sold the electric rear gate off of my crashed one for a cool grand 2 yrs ago was the only body part not bent or dinged