• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Forum back up after software update

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
The forum is back up! As usual, the update took waaay too long and there were several hiccups along the way. I got about 2 hrs of sleep last night with little cat naps while waiting for various databases to backup and transfer. Let me tell you, that "all nighter" crap used to be much easier when I was younger!

Anyway, it's back up and all the behind the scenes software is now up to date. This means more efficient processing, which should mean no more crashing like we've had over the last week or two. *fingers crossed*

I know there will be little things that need to be tweaked and fixed. If you see something wrong please PM me or post it here.

Here's what I know still needs to be fixed:
  • Garage feature - you can't currently edit or see some of the garage pages
  • Photo uploads to the forums (Contributors) - Small photos work, but not larger ones. I know this is a big one and I'm working on it.

The list was bigger, but I fixed a few of them in the last couple of hours.

Thanks to everyone for your patience!

Last edited:

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey sorry about that, my bad, , but the site died while I was posting about my radiator, so I won't do that anymore:)

bronco t

Contributor
Loc.
San Diego CA
Thank you for pulling an all nighter. I have done plenty of them, and they ain't no fun! You earned super hero admin status.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
You rock Jon! Thanks for all you do!!

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Thanks man. We sure do appreciate all the work you do to our addiction fueled. Had to attemd a broncoholics meeting last night just to deal with not being able to check on the site!! Keep up the excellent work Jon:)

mini73

Good work on getting the forum back up. I was having withdraw problems and was not knowing what to do instead of getting on here. Hopefully everything will be good now!!!

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think I checked the site about 50 times yesterday. On the bright side I had some time free up from not looking at build threads!! Thanks for keeping this site going.... I didn't realize how much I depended on it until I couldn't get to it yesterday.