• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The struggle is real "ITS NOT A JEEP"

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
The jeep thing makes me laugh. When my wife and I are driving the bronco and people say nice jeep, I smile and look at my wife, and give it a second, then she start's giving them a lesson on the difference's between a Bronco and a Jeep, that's my Bama girl!;D

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Ha. When I was bringing my freshly painted Bronco back on the trailer (no fenders installed) I had someone ask me at a light if it was a Thing. But I guess with no fenders it might look something like one. I said no, Bronco. They said Oh yeah, I see it now.

The JEEP thing gets me with my FJ40. My FJ40 is not a JEEP, but too many people tell me they like my Jeep. But I guess it does look more like a Jeep than a Bronco, by a lot.

BroncoKelley

Loc.
Billings, Montana
Ha, I got the same thing a couple of weeks ago! Before I could get a word out, my 8 year old daughter said "It's not a jeep, can't you read, it says Bronco on the fender? Broncos rule, jeeps drool!" She made her daddy proud!

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Kind of related but I have a challenger and people are always saying "nice Charger" ....I feel your pain, my come back is always "yeah it is a nice challenger" lol then the look of confusion on their face is priceless

Eldrik

Loc.
Tampa Bay, Florida
A couple times I had my orange '73 compared with SUVs in Jurrassic Park.
My favorite 'jeep' encounter was at a light: I was in the far lane, with two orange 2015 Mustangs side-by-side next to me.
This attractive girl walking her dog yells, "Nice f*cking Jeep!"
I just :) and yelled, "Thanx!"
Just remember, most people can't read cursive writing anymore...
Aaaand FORD built half of the first Jeeps during WWII, not JEEP!

xfalcon

found these pics of a scout, they get the "nice jeep" also;D
11062012_696568887132526_8928601419958639978_n.jpg

11182180_696568907132524_6651878786408010751_n.jpg

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
!

My favorite... I was at a convenient store, walking out... a teenager was standing there in front of the bronco, when I approached he said, "I really like your... your... (pointing at it), your..." I finished the sentence for him and thanked him FOR NOT CALLING IT A JEEP! We had a nice discussion thereafter in which I educated him and life has been good ever since. :cool:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
My favorite... I was at a convenient store, walking out... a teenager was standing there in front of the bronco, when I approached he said, "I really like your... your... (pointing at it), your..." I finished the sentence for him and thanked him FOR NOT CALLING IT A JEEP! We had a nice discussion thereafter in which I educated him and life has been good ever since. :cool:

LOL, gotta educate the youth of today right

Seventee

Contributor
Loc.
In the sticks of MT
The JEEP thing gets me with my FJ40. My FJ40 is not a JEEP, but too many people tell me they like my Jeep. But I guess it does look more like a Jeep than a Bronco, by a lot.

This happened on a recent Mythbusters episode, during the land mine experiment. The voiceover refered to their FJ40 as a Jeep. I did a facepalm and I don't even own one. %)

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Even though they get it wrong calling it a Jeep at least they like how it looks and have given you a nice compliment. Hey, thanks!!

We were at the giant Mile-Hi Jeep Club's All-4-Fun event last summer and almost everyone of those Jeep owners/drivers complimented us & said they really liked our Broncos.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Even though they get it wrong calling it a Jeep at least they like how it looks and have given you a nice compliment. Hey, thanks!!

We were at the giant Mile-Hi Jeep Club's All-4-Fun event last summer and almost everyone of those Jeep owners/drivers complimented us & said they really liked our Broncos.

Well of course, they want to stay on your good side, that way you'll pull them out when they get stuck.

That is also why the 'Jeep wave' came about, never tick someone off who may later just laugh at you when you're axle deep in a hole.

OP
OP
kat

kat

Loc.
Bristol
I have a license plate for my crawler that says JPRCVRY

And then there is this on my cage in front of the passenger seat... Found it at the Super Celebration...

BEDFFB77-536B-47F1-9BCC-412B3BD3CF2D_zpsvhx1bvwo.jpg
Does anyone know where I can get this??? Other than at Super Celebration??

Myllo73

My wife got me a sticker and a t shirt to help others with the problem. Years ago I used to get upset and correct people, but I the look on my face is better than a verbal correction.

Attachments

• AB_jeepthrill_decalLG.jpg
    AB_jeepthrill_decalLG.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 94
  • AB_jeepthrills_teeLG.jpg
    AB_jeepthrills_teeLG.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 90

edmedlin

Loc.
Republic Missouri
I had a completely stock '63 Scout that got the Jeep thing all the time. I drove it as my daily driver everywhere. 200-300 mile trips were normal. 65mph downhill was max speed, but that was ok. I had a rag top and hard top. Had the aux heater for winter. 2 10gal tanks that would last about 200 miles each on the highway. The little 4 banger was not fast, but would pull a barn down in low range. It never failed to start. The only changes I made to it was to change the wipers and fuel pump to electric and the points over to electronic pickup. To everyone, it was still a Jeep. I got to the point that I didn't care anymore. I had a great looking and running 1963 International Scout-Jeep......

OP
OP
kat

kat

Loc.
Bristol
I had a guy come in the gym today wearing a "Ford" t-shirt and he asked..........

Is that your Jeep?

I pointed at his chest and said no....

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Once again... yesterday:

I'm stopped in a parking lot with windows down...
A guy pulls up on the passenger side...

Guy: Hey I like your jeep.
Me: I look at him in disbelief %) ?:?
Guy: Somewhat embarassed says, it is a Ford, right?
Me: With a thankful smile says, yes its a Bronco :)
Guy: Drives off with a smile and a thumbs up

So the education continues. :cool: ;)