• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The struggle is real "ITS NOT A JEEP"

kat

Loc.
Bristol
Over the last few months I have been searching thru this Forum for tips and advice on owning a Bronco, and a number of times I have come across the words "Heep" "Cheep" for words describing a jeep. I would giggle and keep reading but now I know the pain. Well I now own a Early Bronco and have been proud of it showing it off to friends, family and co-workers. Only for them to say, "when did you get the jeep" or "nice jeep". For Gods sake, it has FORD on the front and the back. I have corrected people time and time again, to the point Im almost A-holish when responding. The last straw was a few weeks ago, I was in a Convenience store at the counter when I guy walks in and says "Who owns the Jeep?" There were only me and ONE other person in the store at the time. I chose not to acknowledge him, paid for my stuff and left the store.
I need a bumper sticker that says "Its not a jeep" Ill pay good money for it if you can tell me where I can get one....

Rant over

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I just point at the sticker on my window....

Attachments

• 0108161742.jpg
    0108161742.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 371

tribaltalon

Loc.
Humble Texas
Almost everybody that saw my old bronco (that wasnt a ford guy) was convinced it was a scout. granted with the dovenosed front end the grill looked sort of like a scout.

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Love that sticker, I have to get one.:cool:

I already have some sort of Bronco related sticker on every window on my 77 and people still call it a Jeep.:(

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Love that sticker, I have to get one.:cool:

I already have some sort of Bronco related sticker on every window on my 77 and people still call it a Jeep.:(

edecals.com

They will make you anything you want.

They used to be on eBay but you can buy directly from their site.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
Lol, I imagine the International Scout folks have it even worse. :)

I don't know I've had more people ask me what year my scout was than call my bronco a jeep.

I have had some get down right belligerent, until I make them read FORD on the tailgate.

Digger556

My mom called my Bronco an "SUV" once. I still shudder at the thought.

I hate to break it to you...

But really, I just tell them it's a Bronco. They know they're wrong. No big deal. Most people aren't car folks.

wegngis

Loc.
Oregon
I hate to break it to you...

But really, I just tell them it's a Bronco. They know they're wrong. No big deal. Most people aren't car folks.

It's a 4x4, or 4-wheel drive. SUV is a more modern term that came into use long after that thing was built. ;D

Lawndart

Loc.
My mom called my Bronco an "SUV" once. I still shudder at the thought.
I hate to break it to you, but your mother is correct ;)
PR%20documents.jpg

OP
OP
kat

kat

Loc.
Bristol
So I see Im not alone.....I do need to get a window sticker of some kind