• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What's is worth?

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
the problem is the kind of person who would want your truck most likely doesn't have 20K cash sitting around to buy it.

I've been seeing the opposite in my area.
Anything with that little rust and running in FL would be snatched up at $16k in under 24 hours.
There have been multiple in the past month or two I've seen go up and made arraignments to see (in 72 hours or less), only to receive texts that they sold.

But I looked at yours. $16-20k seems appropriate. The color, bubbles, and manual might scare a few people off. If they just want a cruiser or 'beach' vehicle; you're dealing with lazy people who aren't going to want to do any repairs or shift (I'm always shocked at how many of my generation can't drive stick).

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dscholl82

Loc.
Hollywood
I've been seeing the opposite in my area.
Anything with that little rust and running in FL would be snatched up at $16k in under 24 hours.
There have been multiple in the past month or two I've seen go up and made arraignments to see (in 72 hours or less), only to receive texts that they sold.

But I looked at yours. $16-20k seems appropriate. The color, bubbles, and manual might scare a few people off. If they just want a cruiser or 'beach' vehicle; you're dealing with lazy people who aren't going to want to do any repairs or shift (I'm always shocked at how many of my generation can't drive stick).

I can ship to Florida!:eek:

I had a guy from Beverly Hills come look at the truck at 9pm. After telling me he could drive stick, I rode shotgun, it was obvious he couldn't. After 3 blown stop signs and one close call with a parked car. I kindly asked him to pull over, which he just stopped in the center of the road and shut the truck off. He tells me, "I thought it would drive similar to my JK". Then asks me, still sitting in the middle of the road, how it drives on the highway? %)

OP
OP
D

dscholl82

Loc.
Hollywood
I also spent 3 days negotiating a deal with a guy in Chico, CA (North of Sacramento) Willing to pay full asking price (20k) and he will wire me the money. Ok... Fine. I'm not shipping the truck up past Sacramento unless I'm paid. But the truck has to be in his hands by Friday at the latest, he is adamant, he wants to go to the Wild Horses meet at the Rubicon this weekend. Fine. I don't think the truck is ready for the Rubicon but whatever, it's his money.

He asks for routing and account info, basically a voided check. He also asks for a copy of my DL, also typical. Says he is a loan officer, does it all the time. Fine. I've sold cars like this in the past too, no big deal. I take a day off work, get in a fight with my producer, but hey any excuse for a road trip. Everything is going great, until I tell him I've decided to deliver the truck in person and not have it shipped. Gone like a fart in the wind this one is.

Call my bank, they tell me that it's a classic check printing scam. With that info you can have Walmart print you checks and if they have talent, or a dumb cashier they can duplicate my ID and cash checks. Well, I am the proud owner of a new shiny checking account, a new chip on my shoulder and I still have my Bronco.

If you are on the Rubicon this weekend and come across a guy called Brett St.Clair punch him in the face for me. I'll wire you the money...

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I live in Chico. I'll try to find him....doubt he will be found under that name.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Guy up here by that name, works for PG&E, highly doubt that's your contact though. Didn't stalk any further....

OP
OP
D

dscholl82

Loc.
Hollywood
Guy up here by that name, works for PG&E, highly doubt that's your contact though. Didn't stalk any further....

Don't waste your time. I doubt that's his real name too. Phone number was from Oregon (I live in L.A. with a Cleveland number) No big deal. Contacted me threw eBay, new account - zero feedback. I should of seen that one... Stupid.

If you come across that guy, tell him someone is using his name and address to coax poor gullible bronco owners out of their toys. Or punch him in the face, the choice is yours.

Seriously though don't punch anyone in the face.

tumblr_m96sgeT1ld1r324lio1_400.gif

A bronco buster is more appropriate.

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
I think the rootbeer brown color probably cuts your buyer numbers in half. Not yhat the price is good or bad its just not a flashy rig. But you only need one buyer.
I agreed paint might not attract some sellers. If you don't have to sell right away wait for right offer

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
Don't waste your time. I doubt that's his real name too. Phone number was from Oregon (I live in L.A. with a Cleveland number) No big deal. Contacted me threw eBay, new account - zero feedback. I should of seen that one... Stupid.

If you come across that guy, tell him someone is using his name and address to coax poor gullible bronco owners out of their toys. Or punch him in the face, the choice is yours.

Haha

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Baahhha....spewed mt tea ever wer:D

hee hee :)

Yeah I like that idea too haha