• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Toyota to compete with Jeep and Bronco

sriha

Toyota FT-4X, when you just don't care enough to design a new vehicle, you take the worst parts of a Honda Element, Nissan Cube, and Jeep Liberty, put them all in a blender, and create some hype marketing to target millennials who will buy it on credit with their parents as co-signers.

BAM, instant success.

I thought it looked more like more of a competitor to the Jeep Renegade.

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
To me it looks like a Heep Renegade. There is nothing out there that is making me run to a lot and say I got to have it. If I didn't have my Bronco, I would get a Rubicon, it's the only thing out there that is even close. I have a big smile on my face every time I pull next to a cookie cutter Heep. Dam I hope Ford gets the New Bronco right, but don't think they will.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Careful. That can easily be said about the new bronco. That prototype looks like a scion with a body lift. I highly doubt were getting a straight axle up front or removable top. At best it might come with an ecoboost

I fully expect ford to miss the boat on the new bronco.

OP
OP
Jaxgtc

Jaxgtc

Toyota FT-4X, when you just don't care enough to design a new vehicle, you take the worst parts of a Honda Element, Nissan Cube, and Jeep Liberty, put them all in a blender, and create some hype marketing to target millennials who will buy it on credit with their parents as co-signers.

BAM, instant success.

I fully expect to see a giant Hamster driving one in a commercial.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I fully expect to see a giant Hamster driving one in a commercial.

Easy on the kia. I bought the wife a kia soul a few years back. She loves it. 100k bumper to bumper warranty. I was gonna make her wear a hamster suit to go get it but couldn't find one. If they made a little 4x I'd look at it for a dd.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Originally Posted by lonesouth View Post

BAM, instant success.

You forgot to add a dash of Honda Pilot, and Kia Soul for blandness. In fairness I drove a Soul for a week and it was fine for what it was.