• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gauge cluster refurbishing

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
30639407865_de1c6b8eed_h.jpg

30551320311_769bb2ee72_h.jpg

Last edited:

nosaj2k

Loc.
Green River, WY
Here is nosaj2k's gauge cluster I just finished refurbishing. To be honest this cluster was already beautiful when Jason sent it to me.

Yep, the real deal. If you are having issues with your gauges and/or would like them refurbished, I highly recommend Kevin's services. Communication and work are second to none - very professional. Thanks!;D

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I have two clusters that need to be refurbished. On from my 74 that looks OK but needs some love to get all the gauges going again. The other is for my 66 roadster. Both will be coming your way eventually but I need to decide what I want first. How much are the Volt meter and LED upgrades?

jdamach1

Loc.
Tyler, Texas
Here is a great idea for those of you who are running duel gas tanks. Notice that Broncobowsher's gauge cluster has two fuel gauges.

P2270036.jpg
[/IMG]

Kevin, this looks just like my '70 cluster that I was asking about earlier. I was questioning the faded line under the 70-100. Just like mine, the line looks like a faded orange instead of white. Can you re-paint this line in your restoration process? Should it not be orange like the gauge needles and not white?

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
Is there a indicator on the aux sender U can hook to the gage? I thought not then I sez, sez I "how did it indicate when switched to the aux?" "Why, on the same gage, chad, what else?"
So doin this has an advantage of always noing how much in each tank (w/o switchin back n forth)?

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I have two clusters that need to be refurbished. On from my 74 that looks OK but needs some love to get all the gauges going again. The other is for my 66 roadster. Both will be coming your way eventually but I need to decide what I want first. How much are the Volt meter and LED upgrades?

casadejohnson,

I dont charge anything to install the parts, the install is included in the price of the refurbishment. That being said the voltmeter costs about $50 (with shipping) fron jeg's and the LEDs are $2.99 eace from BC's

Thank you,

Kevin

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Kevin, this looks just like my '70 cluster that I was asking about earlier. I was questioning the faded line under the 70-100. Just like mine, the line looks like a faded orange instead of white. Can you re-paint this line in your restoration process? Should it not be orange like the gauge needles and not white?

jdamach1,

Yes, I can paint the line any color you would like. Unfortunately I do not know what color they came from the factory with. It looks orange or yellow to me but its hard to tell.

Thanks,

Kevin

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Mine needs new glass, how much extra would that be or could I buy something around here in NC then ship to you?

New glass costs about $7.00 I will order and install it when I do the refurbishment.

Thank you,

Kevin

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
casadejohnson,

I dont charge anything to install the parts, the install is included in the price of the refurbishment. That being said the voltmeter costs about $50 (with shipping) fron jeg's and the LEDs are $2.99 eace from BC's

Thank you,

Kevin

Sounds good, I'll be in touch when I'm ready to get it done. I'm thinking I'll get to see the first one done in a month or so. I would love to see a photo of one with the volt meter if you have one.

Thanks,
Jeremy

muddog899

can you do the luminescent inserts with the voltage gauge change also when your cleaning them how do keep the numbers and letters from wiping off