Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat

Old 04/26/18, 11:44 AM   #16
Golfball
Contributor

Prattville, AL

My Gallery
Garage
$30K should be plenty. My advice is reduce your budget to $29K and use the other $1K for travel to go and actually lay hands on it before you buy. If you can afford a $30,000 toy, you can afford the cost of an airline ticket. Just a part of the Bronco investment.

1975 U151 Bronco
1975 U153 Bronco
1966 F100 Custom Cab
1965 Mustang Fastback
Golfball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/18, 01:22 PM   #17
zdb104

Anyone have experience with a dealer/reseller like Maxlider? Obviously you are going to pay a premium but hopefully the Bronco would be inspected better for trouble.
zdb104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/18, 02:33 PM   #18
hyghlndr
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Delaware ????
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdb104 View Post
Obviously you are going to pay a premium but hopefully the Bronco would be inspected better for trouble.
That would be a wrong assumption, unless they build it from scratch the quality depends simply on what they bought to flip. Even built can stink because their focus is simply profit. You're much better off finding one that somebody's had for years and it's well loved and taken care. Most of the unhappy people who come here bought from dealers.
hyghlndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/18, 02:48 PM   #19
zdb104

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it
zdb104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/27/18, 06:09 AM   #20
KANE
Contributor

Pembroke, MA.

My Gallery
Hey Zach, I'm in Mass. and bought my truck in California and had it shipped in an enclosed trailer to Ma. I think shipping was $2200- back in 2007. That was 11 years ago and I'm still amazed that there is Zero rust. I bought mine sight un seen but I had the PO send a lot of pics and even a walk around video. I got a great truck that had a lot of $$ in parts but more than anything I wanted a Straight Rust Free truck.
This site is SO helpful and my advice is go to any events that come from this site....this will help but the right parts that you can see on other trucks. And most of all ask questions...lots of questions. This site has been an incredible source for finding out how to tackle little to large Bronco projects!!
Best of luck!
Mike

1975, 351, WH Headers, Flowmaster 60's, 5.5" WH, 35" Toyo's, 4 wheel disc, 31 spline Extreme Axles w/ Detroit Lockers
KANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/27/18, 08:36 AM   #21
bdavis70
Contributor

Coos Bay, Or.
Good advise to look in Oregon, they don't use salt on the roads on the coast. I know of six solid rigs in the town I live in. Here is one I just found on Craiglist in Redmond which is in the Cascades which is a higher elevation and I don't know if they use salt there. Good luck and have fun.
https://salem.craigslist.org/cto/d/6...565232726.html
bdavis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/18, 08:38 PM   #22
muskrat
Bronco Guru

Stocker front locker

Reading, Pa

My Gallery
Garage
How about commissioning one to be built? Nicks Trix? Wonder if that would fit it ur budget? Not sure if ya gotta start w one or if he was something in his inventory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1974 Sport, LUBR, 2.5" WH lift, 1" body lift, Tom's Chevy disks, power steering. rebuilt 302 with Edelbrock intake carb and cam, NP435/dana 20, BC Broncos Headers and exhaust, Aussie locker front, JB Fab twin sticked, Moab Mike full cage, special paint code black on black. 30x9.5x15's.
muskrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/29/18, 08:43 AM   #23
Cortez
Contributor

The first step is admitting you have a problem!

Bradenton, Florida

My Gallery
Garage
Yeah - keep an eye on the western states, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, New Mexico, Kansas...dry climates make a huge difference in minimizing rust. Big bronco community in Colorado, people to either help you out or who will know history on a truck.

351w/Fitech Injection, NP435, Hydroboost, 3.5" Lift + 1" BL, 35" Dick Cepek Extreme
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/29/18, 06:36 PM   #24
pipeline010
Contributor

SJ= cows+hot chicks
Garage
I'm in your area, new(ish) EB owner. I didn't even look in our area and neither should you.

Classic Cars here mean something completely different than they do in places like Arizona. In college I had to fly out for a National Championship in Arizona and couldn't believe the amount of cool old trucks on the road. The ones you see here (east coast) may 'look' cool but they are rolling disasters. There are a handful of folks that are exceedingly careful with their classics, but not everyone has the income to maintain a climate controlled rust free atmosphere for their toys.

Look west, young man.

But in answer to your original question, yes you are nuts. You're spending a years worth of college education on a truck that smells bad, doesn't drive straight, offers questionable reliability, requires diagnosis and know-how that you MUST learn or pay loads for, and creaks more than every door you've ever heard in a horror movie...and that's just when you are getting into it.

So why jump in? Because it's awesome, that's why. Ever walked into a wedding with the hottest girl in the whole place? It's a lot like that.

Except she stinks like gear oil. And she rides rough. ... although that part may be the same.
pipeline010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/18, 09:43 AM   #25
Rustytruck
Contributor
Bronco Guru

honest the bolder ran under me

El Monte CA
Garage
Spend all your free time on this site like the rest of us. Learn to use the search function and look and read every build post you find. It wont take too long to learn where the rust hides in these trucks. You will also learn on how previous owners hid the problems. Or just pretty up the outside to sell the truck. The drive train is cheep compared to dealing with body rust. The body shops don't want to deal with a rusty pig so there isn't a cheep way out. Remember lipstick on a pig is still a pig. If the previous owner didn't spend the necessary money keeping up the truck, you will spend it after you pay the big bucks buying the truck. A project truck is no bargain even if you can do everything yourself. Its not how much you spend on the truck that gets you a good truck its how much you know to make your money get the best truck you can get.

Welcome to Bronco College you have entered the Bronco Zone, life between dreams and Reality.

P.S. get a tetanus shot and wear gloves and safety glasses your going to need it.

1974, stock 302, C4, BFG KM2 33x12.5x15, 8in rim, detroit rear, trutrac front 4.11 gearing, Warflairs,2.5" lift, chevy disc conversion, Hydraboost, owned since Christmas Eve 1977
Rustytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/18, 09:58 AM   #26
tasker
Contributor
all knowing of nothing

It's a jeep thing? you're all morons

The granite state

My Gallery
Garage
our club hosts and event May 19, central Mass....maybe it would be worth it to come on up, talk to people and really crawl around some real trucks. Will give you an idea of what to look for and you will meet some rabid Bronco fans....feel free to ask any questions!

tasker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/18, 11:13 AM   #27
bronkenn
Contributor

I believe you, thousands wouldn't

Southeast Ohio
Always be leery of spray on undercoating! Been known to hide some dastardly deeds, Ken
bronkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/18, 12:18 PM   #28
Mmflpa
Contributor

Philadelphia, PA
Garage
Where in PA are you? I am in Philly. I know of 3 in South Jersey that are within your price range. One is actually orange, another is gray and orange. I can put you in contact with the owner if you want more information.
Mmflpa is offline   Reply With Quote

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat