• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Started my 74' frame off

D.R.Y.

Loc.
The Netherlands
Looks great. It seams not long ago I was at the stage now I am at final assembly. Take your time, lots of photos and notes and just keep at it. Looking forward to following your build

OP
OP
J

Jolly Roger

Identified some rust area's this weekend. Haven't had it blasted yet but hopefully sand blasting won't uncover much more. So far window cowl, both rockers, driverside innerdoor skin, passenger side outer door skin, driverside inner side wall and sections from both floor pans will need to be replaced. PO fiberglassed the floor pans and then screwed sheet metal over it. Instead of patching in sections of floor pans thinking about just purchasing an entire front floor pan like the picture below and welding that in.

Attachments

• driverside innerpanel.jpg
    driverside innerpanel.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 91
  • bagged parts.jpg
    bagged parts.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Replacement floor pan.jpg
    Replacement floor pan.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 89
  • passenger side rocker panel.jpg
    passenger side rocker panel.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 85
  • driver side innerdoor.jpg
    driver side innerdoor.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 84
  • passenger side window cowl.jpg
    passenger side window cowl.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 84
  • driveside window cowl.jpg
    driveside window cowl.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 101

Rocko1012

I used that exact floor pan assembly. Just finished fitting/installing, Fits good, Does not have any of the holes pre-drilled for seats, seat belts #3 brace body mounts. Prior to ordering I suggest to see if your INNER Rockers are any good. If they need replacing suggest purchasing complete 1 piece floor assembly $ 659. buy a kit of BLAIR Rotobroach 3/8 spot welder removal bits. Better than HF

OP
OP
J

Jolly Roger

Thanks Rocko, that's good info to know and I'll check the inner rockers before ordering.

KeithKinPhx

Hope it goes well. The sheet metal and body work can be time consuming with little reward. Stay with it. Know the cool stuff is just around the corner.

In process of restoring my Baby Blu (68 LUBR). Glad I shot video of everything. Used my phone and saved the files to my computer. When I was tearing it apart several times I thought "I'll remember how that goes." Wrong. Already had to go back and look at a few things because I forgot what went where and the orientation.

Bagged and tagged all parts.

When I disassembled my Dana 20 I set up a tripod and video camera and recorded the whole thing. Doing the rebuild now and have the footage on my iPad so if I forget which order the shims were in I can look it up. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
J

Jolly Roger

I've thought about using a go-pro to video some stuff and probably will. There's no way I would ever attempt this with out the resource of this forum though. Wealth of helpful information and nice people.

OP
OP
J

Jolly Roger

Got the body off the frame this week. Unpleasantly surprised to find that my bronco has been wrecked at some time during its life and the repairs were less then professional. Oh well, lucky me.

Attachments

• Chasis  4-26-18.jpg
    Chasis 4-26-18.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 95
  • Body off 4-26-18.jpg
    Body off 4-26-18.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 98
  • Body braced 4-26-18.jpg
    Body braced 4-26-18.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
J

Jolly Roger

Driver side front lookes to be where it was wrecked. Inner wheel wells have been beat out, bubblegum welding repairs, and a bent body mount were some of the giveaways

Yeah, I would like to do the one piece welded floor plan. I wish Dennis Carpenter offered that because I'm about 3.5hrs from them and would like to do one mass order of all body parts and ride down and pick it up. It would save me a ton on shipping.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Driver side front lookes to be where it was wrecked. Inner wheel wells have been beat out, bubblegum welding repairs, and a bent body mount were some of the giveaways

Yeah, I would like to do the one piece welded floor plan. I wish Dennis Carpenter offered that because I'm about 3.5hrs from them and would like to do one mass order of all body parts and ride down and pick it up. It would save me a ton on shipping.

I thought maybe that's what you were lookin at, that's why I asked

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278563

the driver side front body mount is crooked compared to the other 7...it's for the steering box. And if a weld is ugly, it's probably factory :) I think that's the only body mount that's welded?

OP
OP
J

Jolly Roger

Wow, thanks for the info 1strodeo. Never would have thought that and was planning to try and straighten it out. I owe you a cold one.

OP
OP
J

Jolly Roger

Making progress!

Attachments

• new floor pan going in.jpg
    new floor pan going in.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 94
  • floor removal 10-20-18.jpg
    floor removal 10-20-18.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 95