• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Insurance

jperry1290

I also had a good experience with Hagerty. We had a earthquake in California in 2014. Every single item on the shelves in my garage came crashing down on to my ‘66 Mustang. Hagerty made quick work of the claim, allowed me to use the shop of my choice, and overall was very helpful. The only thing I did not like was the towing service, which I used twice. Both times I had some fly by night tow truck show up with a tweeker behind he wheel.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I just read the entire Hagerty policy for Arizona which is only 12 pages. Keep in mind other states may be different but nowhere in the policy does it say offroad use is excluded. The only exclusions for liability/damage coverage are: business use, transporting people for a fee, racing, damage caused by vermin/insects, and rot/rust/deterioration. Here is what it says on racing:

There is no coverage under this policy while
"your covered auto" is being prepared for or
being used in a race speed contest, including
but not limited to practicing or testing for such an
event.

broncbuster

ANPAC Chrome offers an unlimited mileage option for some extra cost (and their regular limit is pretty high).

ANPAC also has a specialty non-chrome program for vehicles that don't meet their chrome guidelines. (ie paint sucks) In that program they don't have to be garaged. It does cost more than chrome, but it beats most other companies. My son moved from ANPAC to progressive while his bronco was uninsured (not running) When he got the bronco running he was amazed at what progressive wanted to cover the bronco. I suspect he'll be back to ANPAC.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thank you, we’ve been banking with USAA for many years and they’ve been great, so long as you don’t have any issues...if you want to talk to someone in person 1) you gotta go to San Antonio and 2) pretty much be prepared to be patted down and explain yourself to a video camera and then MAYBE someone will come out and talk to you.

Dang dude... what's up w/the weird shit like that they do

brewchief

I just read the entire Hagerty policy for Arizona which is only 12 pages. Keep in mind other states may be different but nowhere in the policy does it say offroad use is excluded. The only exclusions for liability/damage coverage are: business use, transporting people for a fee, racing, damage caused by vermin/insects, and rot/rust/deterioration. Here is what it says on racing:

There is no coverage under this policy while
"your covered auto" is being prepared for or
being used in a race speed contest, including
but not limited to practicing or testing for such an
event.
I tried to get coverage from Hagerty a few years ago and the instant I said it would be used off road once or twice a year they stated that they wouldn't be able to cover me at all. When filling out the application there was a question about off road use, I could have lied but I don't want to get in a bad situation and find out I have no coverage.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

67RT

Bronco Guru
Some State Farm groups dont do agreed classic binders. Mine does.30k for $259 and no restrictions on locking it up or use.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I tried to get coverage from Hagerty a few years ago and the instant I said it would be used off road once or twice a year they stated that they wouldn't be able to cover me at all. When filling out the application there was a question about off road use, I could have lied but I don't want to get in a bad situation and find out I have no coverage.
I think they adjusted their rules in the past couple years because I hear this time and time again. Nowhere in the quote process or the application does it say this anymore. I know for a fact that Grundy makes you sign a form that says you cannot offroad it. Hagerty does not.

With the ever-growing Bronco, Blazer, FJ40 and CJ crowd I think they had to adjust their thinking on light offroading as its a major part of ownership. They just don't want rock crawlers that are primarily used to bounce off rocks every Saturday morning. Again this could be an Arizona only thing as we have a ton of unpaved roads but I doubt the policy is that much different state to state.

I just quoted a lifted Bronco with a tire carrier, no roof and a roll cage. They asked me if it had nitrous and if was tubbed or caged. I said it was caged and the underwriter kept right on going. Im sending in photos tomorrow and will know for sure if they will accept it. I don't think it will be a problem

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I have had several discussions with them, as recently as last year, about the definition of “Off-road”.

I asked them to define “road”. They do not require that a road be paved. You can drive on dirt or whatever the road is constructed of. Other CB members got different responses. That brings up more questions about how they define what you can or cannot drive on and when does a off-road trail become a road.

If you push them too much and ask for specifics, you get the Hagerty disclaimer which basically is “We insure collectible classic vehicles and expect them to be treated as such. It is up to the discretion of our claims investigators to approve or deny payments based on the circumstances.”

The investigator will look at your intent. If you venture off on your own and do some wheeling and damage your EB you are likely going to be out of luck. If you are attending an organized hobby related event, as they frequently state they allow type to do, they are going to be more flexible.

They had a meltdown when I told them I wanted to drive my EB to a state park with gravel roads and do some trout fishing during the day...... I can’t go to Home Depot and pickup up a load of 2x4’s. If I drive out in a snowstorm I will not be covered because I have no business doing it in a vehicle insured as a classic.

I suggest you call them for clarification of anything that is not specific in the policy or anything questionable that might not be clearly excluded from coverage.