• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Revell build thread,post your status too

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Well I am going to call this frame off Revell, I know I did put a lot of thought into it%)
first I got the long block done, went with a pretty much stock 5.0 roller with a mild cam, and painted ford blue. I had the 3 speed tranny rebuilt while I was at it.
next I installed the intake manifold, I used some studs to align the manifold to the heads so I was sure the gasket didn't slide around.
installed the timing chain, I went with the double chain as I heard good things about them. installed the cover and water pump. so far so good.
here is where I ran into a problem. I think they sent me the wrong bolt and spacer for the alternator, couldn't get it to line up:mad:. I'll go out to the shed tomorrow and see if I may have another lying around. Has anyone had this issue with theirs?
I will rebuild the transfer case. Does anyone recommend a good rebuild kit?
Would like to hear how some of ya'lls are coming along.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I suck at model building. I've always sucked at it. Even the snap together ones I had as a kid didn't come out right.

Mine will be staying shrink wrapped in the box and displayed on the shelf with other Bronco memorabilia as is. Looks good doesn't it? ;)

399strokerEB

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wasilla, AK
So far I have the rear seat re-done, and started on an Aod swap. Still need to find a power steering setup.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Working on my shop right now but I've lost some of Jr's Lincoln logs and building blocks so I'm at a stand still at the moment.:p

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Purchased most of the paint supplies. Not 100% on the exterior color, may need to start a poll. Not sure of the tire/wheel package - may need another poll. Carb or EFI - another poll?

sriha

I need to finish building my rockets before I can move on to the Bronco so it is currently in pieces. What will be your method of painting? Is it worth it to get a good spray gun?

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
As if i needed another frame off....here we go again! Block has been hot tanked and built....have a 427 from a a fairlane that may just find its way into the Bronco instead! Frame is painted and almost a rolling chassis at this point

Attachments

• 20170103_201806.jpg
    20170103_201806.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 356
  • 20170102_171604.jpg
    20170102_171604.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 273
  • 20170102_171539.jpg
    20170102_171539.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 305

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
As if i needed another frame off....here we go again! Block has been hot tanked and built....have a 427 from a a fairlane that may just find its way into the Bronco instead! Frame is painted and almost a rolling chassis at this point

You should have braced the body, it's going to be a pain in the rear to get it back into square.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Not much custom here. More of a survivor ;D

Attachments

• m52.jpg
    m52.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 615

canadian broco

I spent a few days over the Christmas break and did my first model kit in over 30 years. It was a fun project and my youngest son worked on a 66 mini at the same time. I had some left over paint from the early 80's, and used a brown to do my seats. It was thick as molasses, but seamed to add depth (lol). Anyways, here is the result so far (still a few details left to do)...

Attachments

• bronc1.jpg
    bronc1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 539
  • bronc2.jpg
    bronc2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 550
  • bronc3.jpg
    bronc3.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 545

Dlish

those complete ones look great!

I opened the box, looked at all the pieces, and closed the box.

OP
OP
Skiddy

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
That's pretty cool, you have the same mufflers as I do:cool:
got the frame back from the powder coater, resealed the transfer case. I am still not sure if I want to do a luber or just stock hmmm. then wonder what lift what tire and who's to buy. dang more decisions and more research I guess
every ones are looking good

OP
OP
Skiddy

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
My steering box is leaking right outta the box :D

Well crap, maybe you can send it back to the vendor? if they will not take it back let us know who the vendor is:p
here is my current state, I know we all like pics;D

Attachments

• frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 344

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
I spent a few days over the Christmas break and did my first model kit in over 30 years. It was a fun project and my youngest son worked on a 66 mini at the same time. I had some left over paint from the early 80's, and used a brown to do my seats. It was thick as molasses, but seamed to add depth (lol). Anyways, here is the result so far (still a few details left to do)...

Nice job, you have given me some inspiration to get going on mine.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
That looking good Skiddy! I like how you already have a sheet of cardboard under it.... :)

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
Well crap, maybe you can send it back to the vendor? if they will not take it back let us know who the vendor is:p
here is my current state, I know we all like pics;D

I just noticed they have glass packs. Awesome!