• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1967 U15 Bronco Restoration

D.R.Y.

Loc.
The Netherlands
First I would like to thank everyone for there advice & help when asked on the forum. I am a true Ford guy and have been restoring Mid Fifties F100's. But have always had a eye out for early Bronco. (had full sized bronco in high school) for reasonable money and condition. Then this past May I found one less than a hour from my house. Price was right but bit more work than planned, but since it was here in Europe already I was saving (no shipping or import taxes) Now the fun begins... will try to post updates along the way. Any advice is always welcome..

Attachments

• IMG_1581.jpg
    IMG_1581.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_1606.jpg
    IMG_1606.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_1608.jpg
    IMG_1608.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_1607.jpg
    IMG_1607.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 322

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Now that is an interesting side treatment. I've never seen that before.
Congrats on your purchase nice looking start.

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Congratulations on the find so close to home. Where in NL are you? I make it to Uttrecht several times a year for work. Good luck with the restoration and Merry Christmas.

OP
OP
D

D.R.Y.

Loc.
The Netherlands
SWERVE: Mercedes Benz tailites
doshow72: is woodtrimscrewed on and vinyl wood grain (like in grammes cupboard)
Cortez: live in Vorstenbosch about 35 minute south of Utrecht. (call when you are over coffee is always on)
JGbronc:U15FLA45123

Another thing I found out when I had the gauge refurbished was it is in kilometers

Attachments

• gauge after.jpg
    gauge after.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 203
  • gauge before.jpg
    gauge before.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 191

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Another thing I found out when I had the gauge refurbished was it is in kilometers[/QUOTE]

That's cool I want one of those.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Nice find! I see a 66' top, tail gate, rear bumper, speedometer and hubs. Interesting that's all on there on a November build. Are you going to restore it back to original? We need interior pics! :)

OP
OP
D

D.R.Y.

Loc.
The Netherlands
Yes I plan to restore it close to original. Will do a front disc brake & power booster conversion, move the shifter to the floor (install smooth column), contemplating adding power steering.

Have lots of sheet metal in the front to replace.

The interior was gone they had mercedes benz seats mounted on block. I purchased a complete original set from a classic bronco forum member living in Texas.

Attachments

• IMG_1693.jpg
    IMG_1693.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 158

broncojack

Contributor
I think a Marti report on your Bronco would be cool to have. I wonder what dealer it was sold thru?

OP
OP
D

D.R.Y.

Loc.
The Netherlands
The top was creatively repaired. They ran a piece orin across rolled it over the drip rails, pop rivets every inch and smoothed out with body filler. It is not fixable so I luckily found on in good shape in Texas.

Attachments

• IMG_1688.jpg
    IMG_1688.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 124
OP
OP
D

D.R.Y.

Loc.
The Netherlands
Here are some photos from the progress I have made so far:

Frame and axles housings are back from cleaning & powder coating, now move onto assembly (post these pictures as works done)

Attachments

• IMG_1917.jpg
    IMG_1917.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1839.jpg
    IMG_1839.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_1937.jpg
    IMG_1937.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1987.jpg
    IMG_1987.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 211
OP
OP
D

D.R.Y.

Loc.
The Netherlands
Well had a chance to finish up the tranny & transfer case rebuild.
Also put on the Duff transfer case shifter and the the Hurst 3 speed floor conversion I got at TBP.

Will start putting the chassis together when I get back from Texas mid January.

Attachments

• Hurst.jpg
    Hurst.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 140
  • Hurst1.jpg
    Hurst1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 145

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Great find and glad to see these are found across the pond... I am assuming in EU you have to run Amber turn signals in the rear. I wonder if you could take a later model taillight housing with reverse lights in it and change them to Amber And retire? My personal opinion of the Mercedes tail lights on it we'll they look like a big mole on a nose to me... Time to cut it off! LOL Good luck with your build, looking forward to your progress and CONGRATS for joining the bronco brotherhood!

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
In the first pictures, I couldn't see any fuel filler openings. I see them after the woody was removed. Where did he fill it before?