• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Third times a charm v3.0

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You have done so much awesome work on your truck, it's really amazing! Any chance you could take a measurement from the bottom of the tube by your window to the floor by the driver seat? I want to push mine as high as possible but don't have a roof for reference.

I'm not sure I'm following what you're asking 100%, but the height of the inside of the hard top from the floor is 47.5" just behind the top of the window frame, and then it is slightly higher than that as you move rearward.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Started the rewire and decided on a gauge layout.

e6MTG8b.jpg

fancy... :) like it

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Wow... I updated back in September, and not much has changed since that time :-[

I got the RMVB from Silverfox installed in the 4R70W and the Winters shifter has been modified. I cut the 4th/OD gate in it and have it wired with a micro switch. I had some new shift gate stickers created ;D

Still working on the wiring. I have every wire ran to the correct location, so now it is time to terminate all connections. This will all be cleaned up when I'm finished.

Attachments

• IMG_7923_Original.jpg
    IMG_7923_Original.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0640.jpg
    IMG_0640.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0895.jpg
    IMG_0895.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0741.jpg
    IMG_0741.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 94

BanditBronco

Interested in hearing how the RMVB goes, I almost went that route straight away when I did mine. I have never been able to get the 4r with the controller so dialed in that it never skips a beat. That is the only thing I miss about the c4, slamming and holding gears whenever I wanted however I wanted. Did you use the WOD gate plate or scratch make your own?

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Interested in hearing how the RMVB goes, I almost went that route straight away when I did mine. I have never been able to get the 4r with the controller so dialed in that it never skips a beat. That is the only thing I miss about the c4, slamming and holding gears whenever I wanted however I wanted. Did you use the WOD gate plate or scratch make your own?

I debated the RMVB vs. the US Shift controller before I made my initial purchase, and I ended up with the controller. Like you, I was never able to get the controller perfect in all conditions. I'm sure it can be done, but I was not able to get there. I found myself manually shifting the trans while in the rocks and sand. I even had two different shift maps and still didn't like it. I am really looking forward to using the RMVB.

I used the WOD gate plate and modified it. Basically, I cut the bottom shift gate to the left a little and added the microswitch. Pull down to 3rd and then bump over for 4th.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Between my procrastination and the fact that wiring takes forever when trying to keep it somewhat clean, I am running behind like always.

Believe me I understand....;) My current project "Mater"

Attachments

• IMG_20210311_122645179.jpg
    IMG_20210311_122645179.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 92

Tricky Dick

Sponsor/Vendor
This build is ridiculously cool. I'm only halfway through reading but already lots of stuff I want to incorporate.

Tricky Dick

Sponsor/Vendor
Hit up a local trail to test the temperatures of the engine and trans while crawling for an extended amount of time. No issues :cool: Ready for the Rubicon :D

wQxrEDX.jpg

Finished the thread. What a fantastic build.

I couldn't even a squeeze a stock 6G under that one. I watched a pretty stock older Toyota pickup do it though and scrape the roof a little.

I'd be interested in what others are. Only other one I've measured was Gordon Bailie with Bailie Built, his is 54 as well. Also would like to know what a stock, unlifted one is too.

I'm sure this 6 year old question has been answered many times over, but I'm at 46" with what appears to be all stock suspension with 29" tires.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I miss bantering with JSmall, beautiful truck in person.

@Tricky Dick I don’t guess I kept any of the stock bronco comparison pics, all of them I’ve measured are 39-40” at the body line over the tail light. Here’s mine

Attachments

• IMG_2724.png
    IMG_2724.png
    490.2 KB · Views: 9

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I miss bantering with JSmall, beautiful truck in person.

@Tricky Dick I don’t guess I kept any of the stock bronco comparison pics, all of them I’ve measured are 39-40” at the body line over the tail light. Here’s mine
With what tires? Equiv G78x15?
Which is 28".

So take 28"s and (maybe 37") mine are 40""s so add that 6" difference onto that 39-40" body ht and you are up to shy 46". I am at 47 1/2" with 6" uptravel. Not like yours but 22+ gal tank still under the stock floor height (not hanging down) without 4link brackets sticking thru the floor.

Soooo hard to keep from whacking the entire Bronco . Yours looks great Steve