• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Third times a charm v3.0

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Looks like Rene finally came through. Hard to tell color in the pic.Is that going to be your exterior color? You got the heat and weatherstriping done just in time.Hope to see it in person soon.....

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the compliments. It has been a long process.

Looks like Rene finally came through. Hard to tell color in the pic.Is that going to be your exterior color? You got the heat and weatherstriping done just in time.Hope to see it in person soon.....

Rene did a great job on the dash. I'm very happy with his work. I had him paint it a dark silver for now, but that will not be my final color when it comes time to paint. As soon as I get home I will be pulling the cluster out to troubleshoot some issues. Judging by the weather report, it looks like the heat will be a nice addition.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Removed a few things for the upcoming upgrades and powder coating.

291FA4E4-4ABB-4226-9F2C-35F5036A6A9F-2370-000002D43A72AEC9.jpg

85C66828-3C12-4FEF-9463-DB67ECFB9CCE-2370-000002D43D71BAAB.jpg

788C3DE1-2F9F-448E-A4D0-A4F04F986F7B-2370-000002D4361006CA.jpg

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Just read through your build thread, looking really good. We're about on the same track, I just had my dash painted and pulled the column and pedal assembly to rebuild the column, put new firewall insulation in, new seam sealer on all the seams in the driver footwell and get everything cleaned up.

What are the "upcoming upgrades" you speak of?!

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Just read through your build thread, looking really good. We're about on the same track, I just had my dash painted and pulled the column and pedal assembly to rebuild the column, put new firewall insulation in, new seam sealer on all the seams in the driver footwell and get everything cleaned up.

What are the "upcoming upgrades" you speak of?!

I just finished up the 1" body lift from Wildhorses.

About to weld new leaf mounts on the rear axle so I can get the pinion angle correct and move the axle back an inch so the rear tires won't rub on the front of the rear fender.

I got Ballistic Fabs adjustable spring mounts so I can level it out. It already has a rake to it and the new rear leaf mounts will add to that. The Ballistic mounts will allow me to add some lift in the front and always have adjustability.

I bought all new bushings for the clutch/brake pedal brackets. I'm going to sand and paint all the brackets so everything looks good and works well when I put the new firewall insulation in.

All I wanted to do is clean things up before I did my hydroboost and 4x4x2 power steering box. It snowballed from there. When I took the clutch rod off for the body lift I noticed everything had slop in it and lots of surface rust. I didn't want to put a new adjustable clutch rod in with old bushings and sloppy pedals :cool:

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Ha, I know that story all too well :)

Here is what my garage wall looked like yesterday. Are you having all your parts powder coated?

What are the details of your lift? I think I read something about a 2"?

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Ha, I know that story all too well :)

Here is what my garage wall looked like yesterday. Are you having all your parts powder coated?

What are the details of your lift? I think I read something about a 2"?

That looks like what I'll be doing soon. My first thought was powder coating, but the more I look at it, I think I'll be painting. The clutch/brake bracket can be powder coated, but I don't think I can get the ebrake and gas pedal bracket apart enough to powder coat.

I currently have a 2" suspension lift and 1" body lift. It has a block in the rear now. I'll be changing that soon.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
All of the pics I have are without the body lift.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I know everyone likes pictures :D Hopefully all of this will be installed soon.

5C22F5BC-D506-42C0-89E2-071C554B1DE5-2370-000002E1BABB77C3.jpg

79F4756C-F476-4C12-8B44-44D8A7A4F9F6-2370-000002E1BF517C04.jpg

B43BBB10-F219-49A4-88AB-387CD0AB2B55-2370-000002E1C39CDA9A.jpg

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
You should be able to PC the gas pedal assembly. The e-brake not so much. No way to disassemble completely.

I really wanted to have all the column bits and pedal assemblies coated but didn't seem like the best use of funds.

A little prep work and satin black rattle can came out pretty nice.

So I guess by the looks of things you're committed to leaving if uncut? Good man! :)

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
You should be able to PC the gas pedal assembly. The e-brake not so much. No way to disassemble completely.

I really wanted to have all the column bits and pedal assemblies coated but didn't seem like the best use of funds.

A little prep work and satin black rattle can came out pretty nice.

So I guess by the looks of things you're committed to leaving if uncut? Good man! :)

A quick glance at the gas pedal earlier and I didn't see how the rod disconnected from the bracket. Looking at the vendor sites I didn't see any replacement parts for that pivot point. I would rather PC

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I know everyone likes pictures :D Hopefully all of this will be installed soon.

5C22F5BC-D506-42C0-89E2-071C554B1DE5-2370-000002E1BABB77C3.jpg

[/IMG]

Like your rotator plate for the master cylinder on the h-boost. If I may ask, where did that come from? Looks like a Super Duty booster on a BCBroncos mounting plate?

Thanks,
Todd Z.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Like your rotator plate for the master cylinder on the h-boost. If I may ask, where did that come from? Looks like a Super Duty booster on a BCBroncos mounting plate?

Thanks,
Todd Z.

I had a friend machine that out of 1/2" aluminum for me. He also did the firewall bracket. They came out perfect.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Where is your Parts List? Like know the details to the parts you got such as sizes and vendors. Inquiring minds want to know! Well at least mine.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Where is your Parts List? Like know the details to the parts you got such as sizes and vendors. Inquiring minds want to know! Well at least mine.

What would you like the parts list for? I have a detailed spreadsheet of everything I've put on the Bronco, but it's at work. I can add whatever you want to see tomorrow.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I was wondering where you got your PS box from as well as your HB.