• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Southeast AL 1976 Bronco Wagon Build... Updated 3 April 2016

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
I am currently getting ready to install the following:
1. 4x4x2 Power Steering with ram assist
2. Explorer Serpt. Set up with Accesories
3. E-Z Wiring Harness
4. EFI with RJM Harness

What's the hold up slacker???? Looking good man!! When you need some more room in that garage I'll be more than happy to drag that old carcas of a fastback off for you. You know me, always looking to help a buddy out!!

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
What's the hold up slacker???? Looking good man!! When you need some more room in that garage I'll be more than happy to drag that old carcas of a fastback off for you. You know me, always looking to help a buddy out!!

HAHAHA....... I bet you would LOVE to help me out with that 'carcas'. That car is actually close to being finished. My dad and I tore the car apart, sand blasted the car, replaced rear quater panels, replaced tail light panel, replaced a floor pan or two, we under coated the underside of the car and interior area, replaced ALL the front end components, reworked rear axle and installed new rear posi chunk, upgraded the front coil springs (to hold more weight), installed a rebuilt 390 c.i. big block, c-6 automatic transmission, and put some new exhaust on it.....then we quit on it when one of my dad's brothers died right before I graduated high school......11 yrs ago. After I graduated college, me and a friend started working on it a little. My friend Jason has rebuilt a few old mustangs and is currently working on a '67 fastback for another fella. He came over here to the house twice and we worked on hanging the doors, hood, trunk lid and started setting the gaps. Since then he has been tied up with the '67.

He works on this stuff on the side as most of us do. Hopefully he will get the '67 finished up soon and then maybe we can get mine ready for paint. He also is going to be starting another project for himself ('65 fastback resto mod with triton V10 and 3550 5spd). Hopefully he can/will take a few weekends to help me get my 'ol fastback ready and send it to the paint shop. We will have to wait and see.....

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan

...oh and I almost forgot....the hold up right now is.......brackets. I dropped my brackets over at 66ALRIDE's shop to get clear coated. He also works on these things in his spare time. Currently he just hasn't had the time to throw some clear on them yet.

He and I talked about two weeks ago and he said he would try and get to them for me soon. That answer is good enough for me. I'm not in a HUGE rush or anything. Besides, the BC Broncos EFI tank I ordered is on backorder. Hopefully I will hear something from them this week or next about when they will ship. I will keep this tread updated......

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
...oh and I almost forgot....the hold up right now is.......brackets. I dropped my brackets over at 66ALRIDE's shop to get clear coated. He also works on these things in his spare time. Currently he just hasn't had the time to throw some clear on them yet.

Alright JDJ, get off my back and quit riding me like a circus monkey......;D I got the brackets sprayed today. They turned out pretty good. In the 4th picture you can see a reflection of the old Bronco grille laying against the wall. I'll be around tomorrow if you want to pick them up. Now recoil will have to flame me so I'll finish up his stuff......lol

Attachments

• jd1.jpg
    jd1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 72
  • jd2.jpg
    jd2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 66
  • jd3.jpg
    jd3.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 71
  • jd4.jpg
    jd4.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
SWEEETTTT!!!!!! 66ALRIDE, Those turned out nice! I will try and come by the shop tomorrow before I go to the hospital to see dad. I really appreciate you doing that for me.

Now.....Hopefully RecoilJunky won't see your post saying that you already got my brackets done.

If he does see it........I HOPE you have a GOOOOOD attorney, cause........Recoil might be sueing you or something being that you haven't finished his tailgate and headlight buckets......ya know since you have had them for OVER a YEAR!!!! :eek::eek:;D Don't worry I won't tell him or say anything about it.:-X;D:cool:

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
....son of a....:mad::(:cry:...I hope they turn up tomorrow afternoon %);D

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Dont know how I missed this thread ;D I think snowballed is the wrong term here. youre in avalanche territory dude!! ;D As for me I can only get small amounts of time done due to work. But I do have to say that so far the rig is running nicely. I will still have to put some miles on it to see if there are any issues.

You sure are making the parts look nice! You are definitely a patient man. Just be careful not too make it too nice because the surrounding parts end up looking ratty. Then you will be in a world of hurt. I know I am ;D

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Honestly I'm not really worried about making the surrounding parts look ratty. Right now I am trying to get all the mechanical and electrical items on the truck like I want them. Once I get everything like I want it, then i will consider taking everything apart and painting it. I'm NOT in a hurry to paint this thing at all. My plan has been to get it running like I want it, fix the electrical problems, replace a little sheet metal, then look at getting it painted and some type of bed liner sprayed on the bottom and on the inside.

Herman, I agree with you on your statement above.....my project hasn't snowballed...it has turned into an avalanche for sure. My pile of parts keeps growing, but installing one part leads to needing to install another and another...... you see what I mean.

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
I have talked to a few of my local Bronco and mustang buddies around here...... I asked them if they might be willing to help me out with installing all these parts if I supplied some food and drink. They all seemed to act like they would be willing to do that so..... a wrenching party may be in my future.

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
I have talked to a few of my local Bronco and mustang buddies around here...... I asked them if they might be willing to help me out with installing all these parts if I supplied some food and drink. They all seemed to act like they would be willing to do that so..... a wrenching party may be in my future.

A wrenching party is always a good thing. Everyone has a way of doing things. Its nice to get different perspectives. Food, Drinks & Bronco - that sounds like the perfect day to me!! ;D

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
I'm hoping that we can get something like that together sometime soon. It would be REALLY nice to get a lot of stuff done in a short period of time.....

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Update 2-16-11

So I ordered my BC Broncos EFI tank on 31 Dec 2010 to get in on their christmas sale. The tank was on back order and it was going to take several weeks before it was ready to ship out.

So the tank arrived around the first week of February. It was TOO cold here to really do anything so I didn't try installing.....

A few days after the tank arrived, I got another box from BCB that had a -AN fuel hose adapter that didn't ship with the tank....

Then, the begining of last week I get another package from BCB....it was the unistrut nuts for the tank. So, I called BCB to find out if there were any more parts that I should be looking for to come in the mail that I would need to install this tank.....Roxanne replied that I should have everything now.....GOOD.

Today: Today I pulled out the old tank, removed the factory tank brackets/upper tank mounts, and cleaned up around the areas where the new tank will bolt in. Also per installation instructions, I attached the mounting tabs to the tank finger tight.

The next thing I have to do is get the tank in position, drill holes where needed, get propper spacing between tank/frame and floor/tank, mark the tank to show propper height of mounting tabs, lower tank, tighten tab bolts, tack weld tab to unistrut.

Oh and connect appropriate hoses and vents.....

And now, on to the pics.....

Attachments

• 0216012050.jpg
    0216012050.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 0216012048a.jpg
    0216012048a.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 0216012048.jpg
    0216012048.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 0216012047.jpg
    0216012047.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
And that is because I haven't done anything since I finished my efi tank install. After I got the tank installed I started having problems with the carb starving for fuel. I think this was because my mechanical fuel pump was not strong enough to pull fuel through the intank pump

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
So I have been collecting the last parts I have been needing for my efi install. Last week I ordered the last few parts that I can think of that I need.

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Here is a pic of the bronco after I did some rearranging in the shop to fit the bronco in so I can start the efi install

Attachments

• IMG_20110531_192326.jpg
    IMG_20110531_192326.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
So last night I started disassembly in preparation for installing the following:
1. EFI
2. Power Steering
3. Explorer Serpt Belt Set Up
4. Rewire the entire truck
5. Hydroboost (taking off the vacuum power brake unit)

I'm sure there is probably something that I am forgetting or leaving off. If any of my local brocno buddies see this and remember something that I have planned/told you about but is not listed, chime in and help jog my memory.....

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
I also picked up another.......addition for the bronco off of craigslist recently..........

A brandnew WARN XD9000i in the box!!! I got a great deal on it and couldn't pass it up. Hopefully I will be putting it on the ol' bronco rig after I get the efi and all on and in proper working order.

I haven't decided if I am going to try and build a bumper or if I am going to buy one. I REALLY like the Logan's Metal Products bumper. It is going to be a tough decision.

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Here is what the explorer motor looked like with intake removed. It was pretty gummed up. Not the worst that i have ever seen.....but it was bad.

Attachments

• IMG_20110608_205638.jpg
    IMG_20110608_205638.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20110608_205654.jpg
    IMG_20110608_205654.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited: