• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Back yard find! The HMS/Sealund race bronco

OP
OP
Gud Racing

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
i have pretty much fallen in love with that thing. lol

i got some questions.

what size tires was it running?

gears??

whats that red round thing in the under the dash on the floor???

trans?

lift?

whats the full spec list on that thing?

pic's of the exhoust?

steering?

dash, did they make that dash or buy it?

i may want to copy it of some sorts, i always loved Baja,trophy truck's,rally racing. that Cinda of stuff. lol

you really are a lucky guy to get that. wanna trade? lol ;D

The bronco was built buy Ken and Greg Rice for Hal Sealund to run the desert races, it ran 35" BFG MT's, 4.56 gears, the "red thing"
under the dash is a battery cut off, it has a C6 trans, Dana 20 T-case w/low removed, straight pipes w/ Supertrapp diffusers, Steering is modified stock bronco, the dash is all custom made.

No, I wont trade. :p

OP
OP
Gud Racing

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
This is a very cool thread! Nice find!

I like the hi-cut fenders. I like the style on your avatar Gud. Where can one find something like that?

Also, I have a very old (late 60's early 70"s) BGF tire that was the spare on my 68. Can't remember if it is a MT or not. I remember someone saying I should post it for sale because you just don't see tires like that around anymore. It's in good shape and holds air. I'll try and post a pic of it to see if it looks like any here.

Thanks! The avatar is of my 73 at a SCCA autocross race. I guess you'll just have to have somebody take a picture of you going fast and turning sharp. Then photochop it down to size. Just don't roll it. I came very close after that pic was taken.

73bronco-1.jpg

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Funny, the first time I saw your avatar I thought of how close you may have been to rolling it!

OP
OP
Gud Racing

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
Here is the next shot. That little bronco just wouldn't go any faster!

broncophotochopped-1.jpg

OP
OP
Gud Racing

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
I was pretty happy with the photographer. Although they didn't allow anyone next to the track but the workers and they only had the one guy taking pictures around that corner. After I finished one of the ""officials" told me they were taking bets on were I would roll it. Most of them guys were driving those AWD turbo charged rally cars. Man those things were fast! :eek: They made me look slow as hell! :p

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
The bronco was built buy Ken and Greg Rice for Hal Sealund to run the desert races, it ran 35" BFG MT's, 4.56 gears, the "red thing"
under the dash is a battery cut off, it has a C6 trans, Dana 20 T-case w/low removed, straight pipes w/ Supertrapp diffusers, Steering is modified stock bronco, the dash is all custom made.

No, I wont trade. :p

awww man! come awn! you know you want to :-* lol thanks for the info..now all i need is another bronco and lots of $$$

any luck on the motor yet? was the trans full of water too?

OP
OP
Gud Racing

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
The motor is all cleaned up and put back together. I now have starter issues and wiring problems. I put the battery in and it shorted out. It seems that the Last owner installed some sort of alarm system in it and only used white wires. I've got to cut all that out and start over.

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
going to be one of those deals where your going to rebuild half the bronco to even get it some what going huh? %)

funny story. few days ago i spotted a early land cruiser with the hood up and a chev next to it in the middle of the street where lots are being flagged for homes, so i flip around to go see if i can help out.

guy just put on new 35'' BFG m/t's got a few yards from his house and it died. turned out his problem was no spark.....his wiring harness....was not in good shape lets say...lol bare wires every where.

well after working on it for awhile he was starting to get upset, son of b! pile of S!....boy i never been there let me tell ya ;D

after B,Sing for awhile about having old trucks and there dang problems,
he asked if i could help him tow it to his house up the road.. it was fun. leaf springs front and back 1.5" peddles and the school bus wheel lol every bump it hit i was in the air lol cool guy, guess one of his buddy's is building a early bronco with 60's front and back. cant wait to see that thing!

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
going to be one of those deals where your going to rebuild half the bronco to even get it some what going huh? %)

Looking that way, Ed? It's too fun. Nothing like hoping in an old racer and going down to the store to get a gallon of milk(or ...)

OP
OP
Gud Racing

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
I think that's about right! It's going to take a ton of work to get it in shape to drive down the road. Once it's running then I have cooling. I saw green under it and I haven't pulled any hoses. Then there is the trans. Who knows if it’s any good? Then the T-case, then fallow it down, drive shafts, gears, brakes.

Its not really any different than any other old bronco you find sitting in a field for 10 years. The worst thing is that everything it open. It just can't take sitting out in the rain! :(

Hal sent me this pic of Gypsy painted yellow. It was only painted this way for one car show and one race. I could restore it to match yellow horse! ;D

GypsyYellowcopy.jpg

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Love the pic of Gypsy in Yellow. with shorter wb. Looks awesome. I have to email you a scan I have, which you may like. Gotta get permission before posting tho (art)... FYEO

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
Looking that way, Ed? It's too fun. Nothing like hoping in an old racer and going down to the store to get a gallon of milk(or ...)
boy..if i was a little boy at the store and saw that thing driving down the street...my balls would drop ;D

looks better with those rims on her! +++++++

it still looks longer then a normal bronco tho??

what tires are on it now?