• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LUBR on 33's, pics?

OP
OP
muskrat

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Thanks. That's what I'm leaning towards. Have a good body shop guy n was gonna get an estimate to repair the front of the rear fenders n have him trim about 1" off but keep the over all uncut line n look. If I only drove on street, no problem but i do wheel it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Thanks. That's what I'm leaning towards. Have a good body shop guy n was gonna get an estimate to repair the front of the rear fenders n have him trim about 1" off but keep the over all uncut line n look. If I only drove on street, no problem but i do wheel it.

You have some big ole 30" tires on ur rig if I read your signature correctly?!?!?! Those are some beefy tires!
Disregard, I read post 34.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm going to ask a stupid question here.

Are the axle center bolts the same distance from the front eye of the spring?

Any chance both springs are not oriented the same way?

OP
OP
muskrat

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Both springs are oriented in the same direction. I've measured the center bolts on both sides n they are within an 1/8" of each other. It's a mystery. One thing I do know is that the rear quarters were replaced by PO and came off of donor broncos. But even that doesn't make sense cause the hardtop bolts on bed rail line up with the hardtop. Any other suggestions? Suggestion on where to pull additional measurements?

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
I just got some pics from a friend today of a trip a couple months ago. Great flex shot.....

Attachments

• IMG_3519.jpg
    IMG_3519.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 201

warthog70

I have a 23 gallon aftermarket tank. I haven't taken any measurements but I'm not sure I have room to move the axle back an inch. Any of you guys moved it back with a big tank?

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
I just ordered a 23 gallon for mine. My wife's has one already, and to me it looks like there it is sufficient. I sure hope so!

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
I saw this got resurrected. Thanks for the responses. I did get the 33" tires in and moved the axle back. Prior to moving the axle I did maul up the fronts of fenders a bit on the first off road trip. Moved the axle back and then started rubbing and slightly bending the rear passenger fender at full articulation. No way to win for me! LOL.
5e4736bece813c9fa6991d415e063e88.jpg
8d2400756ae279a74a8f7b4ecf50fd56.jpg

Looks so good with those 33's stuffed in there! Leave it and once it's completely torn up, fix it back to a LUBR again. That way you can enjoy it as is and not be afraid to trail it. I've watched it's (your) transformation and the last thing I think you want is something too nice to use (or should I say abuse).

Last edited:

Dlish

Looks so good with those 33's stuffed in there! Leave it and once it's completely torn up, fix it back to a LUBR again. That way you can enjoy it as is and not be afraid to trail it. I've watched it's (your transformation) and the last thing I think you want is something too nice to use (or should I say abuse).

^^^^ THIS^^^^

Enjoy wheeling it and drive the piss outa it.

See you in a week to peer pressure you into trails at Roundup. Do it, Do it now!

66broncoCT

Contributor
Loc.
Torrington, CT
I cant believe I never posted in this thread. Mines got 3" body 3.5" suspension on 33x12.5. Need to get a pair of uncut front fenders to complete the LUBR look. Don't have any real good flex shots just these on a baby stump

Attachments

• bronco9.JPG
    bronco9.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 146
  • bronco10.JPG
    bronco10.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 152

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
@muskrat - are you still running the 2.5SL, 1BL and 33x10.5x15s? Looks great!

Hyperbolic_1

Seeing yours I can't help but post a pic of mine.....
33/10.5/15's, 2.5" SL, 1" BL, axle moved back 1"

@Teal68, Rookie here (first post actually)...any pointers, steps, tutorials, etc. you could point me too to move my rear axle back 1"? I have an uncut 74 that I plan to put a 3.5" lift on (James Duff, System S) and want to run stock 15" steelies with 33x10.5 BFG ATs without rubbing when articulated. Thanks in advance!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Hyperbolic, until Teal answers, welcome to classicbroncos!

There have been discussions, so if everyone is MIA for awhile, they can be found. But with so many to search from it's easier (and more fun!) to just ask and have someone point you in the right direction.

If you do end up having to search, you can click on Teal's username and search for threads he's started, or use google (instead of the search function here) and add this site to your search phrase. Sorry, not sure the best search phrase for this one though.

Show us some pics of your rig sometime too, when you get the chance.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
@Teal68, Rookie here (first post actually)...any pointers, steps, tutorials, etc. you could point me too to move my rear axle back 1"? I have an uncut 74 that I plan to put a 3.5" lift on (James Duff, System S) and want to run stock 15" steelies with 33x10.5 BFG ATs without rubbing when articulated. Thanks in advance!

Welcome. Welcome.

Try search function too when you have spare time

These kids know every bolt size too. Best site on the world wide interwebs. ;D

BradinEDH

Contributor
Here is mine with 285/75/16s. It has a 3.5" WH suspension lift and 1" body with Crager soft 8s 16x7. I have to go to a 255/85/16 KM3 to make it work without rubbing the outside edge in the rear. In the process of shopping now. Also looked at Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx but I do not like the sidewall profile. Other options?

Attachments

• IMG_9275.jpg
    IMG_9275.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 169

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach

Sorry for the delay. You can just drill a hole in your u-bolt plate and drill a corresponding hole in your perch that is on the axle and bolt it all back together. Keep in mind you actually drill your new holes 1" towards the front of the vehicle. Yea, kind of counter intuitive, but you will see what I'm talking about when you get into it.

Between the lift and moving the axle back you will definitely need a longer driveshaft.

Dogio

Im on 32's, on 15's. Check out my garage. 2" body 3.5" Susp. Lift. UNCUT Having trouble with loading pics on this site!

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Here's mine on 35s.;)

Attachments

• IMG_0926.jpg
    IMG_0926.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0856.jpg
    IMG_0856.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 82

bax

Contributor