• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Duck Build.

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Thanks for letting me check it out today Tom! This is a nice rig. Thanks for letting me sit in it- those seats are really nice and fit like a glove!! You have done a nice job sir!

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Thanks guys. Todd, when it is complete, you will get a test drive for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Looks great Tom. Check your texts. I was wondering what's a good day for me to come pick up the top?

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
The interior is slowly coming to an end... I I'll be very happy when it is all finally done.

b891b64513c8e17d35a2bd4cff25ad61.jpg

4845fcf5415f86af14e128f201880b0d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes Tom! That is one of the best looking custom interiors that I have seen in a Bronco! I like original, but yours really looks like a million bucks!

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Sorry if its been posted but what is the carpet color? Mass backing? What are the seat belts from?

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
The interior is looking good. I like how the door panels turned out.

Thanks Chad! My dream to reality is looking a lot better than I hoped for sure.

Yes Tom! That is one of the best looking custom interiors that I have seen in a Bronco! I like original, but yours really looks like a million bucks!

Thanks Dennis! I def wanted something to somewhat resemble it had come out of the factory that way, not too complicated but refined. It still needs a few tweaks before I am completely happy with it but it is getting there.

Sorry if its been posted but what is the carpet color? Mass backing? What are the seat belts from?

The seat belts were sourced on eBay, I believe they are hummer surplus. We had to unstitch them and sew on the correct male connector to match the receivers which are all attached to the seats. As for the carpet, it is a tan color, not sure what it is called, I just looked through samples and tried to pick a color that would work with the color of the leather.

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Well Duck fans, if you want to see it in person, it will be at Fall Fords next weekend in Townsend, TN. It is not 100% just yet, still needing some tweaking on the upholstery etc. and after a meeting with Thomas from Krawlers Edge, it will be getting a major suspension upgrade with his Quadlink rear suspension. Having so much power on tap, it is just not a good feeling when you drop the hammer and you can feel it squat and the rear roll on the WH 11 pack springs. Looking forward to the upgrade, will def. be featuring his suspensions in some of our future builds as well so stay tuned, it will be going back under the knife very soon...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Shameful self plug, be sure to vote #56 for the calendar. The Duck would be great ful! LOL

A few more updates as well, it is up and driving, bugs are being found and worked out. Interior is almost 100%, the lower part of my door panels are going to be redone again due to the pocket on them and not happy with the outcome but between me and my upholstery man, we think we have a plan of attack that will give the the finish I envisioned. I have the fiberglass speaker panels from Bronco Hut and the little pocket on the is a pain to get lined and looking right. Headrests are installed, back seat foam has been reworked and front trim panel at the hard top is installed. The list of things to do are dwindling, I still need to buy the visors and I am going with a set from icon as well as this winter I am building a spare tire carrier for it.

The first pic is dog and ducks. Her name is Myra and we recused her from a puppy mill. She was caged her whole life and has had her vocal chords clipped. She is a very affectionate girl and has become my shop dog.

bcabe5cd5eb4f5cf297518e4033855f3.jpg

8c60911841794a2506db0d257304171b.jpg

1eee7291310d10cbfc9641023c157bf7.jpg

be04f2182e5d5c9e3cd049b884e022b0.jpg

4db152a3470e8a3603cc549bdae888b3.jpg

b9917f5e25161d7f49982ae5e3f96863.jpg

9cb490bf93aec43c3d0679839883d2bd.jpg

Last edited: