• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

center floor pan brace for bench seat?

sneditch

Hey gents,

knee deep in replacing floor pans. Noticing I only have 2 seat mounts on the center brace. Guessing this is for original bench seat?

Intending to go with bucket seats so I am planning to weld in new mounts like I did on the far passenger side. Before doing that I want to be sure Im not missing anything. PO had junkyard seats when I bought it so not completely sure of the factory mounts for the rear of the driver seat.

I do not believe the driver seat attaches to the rear cross brace? Thinking it attaches to threaded plates that are welded to underside of floor pan? Would appreciate some insight on that.

and as I am writing I just received a reply from @dirtdonk and think I will be heading over to take some factory measurements....ahh, good to have smart friends! Appreciate the insights anyhow.

Thx

Shon

Attachments

• IMG_9434.jpg
    IMG_9434.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 49

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Forgot to mention, wear dirty clothes!
The driveway's clean, so the '68 would be a good first shot. But the trailer is a mess so the '71 (which has very good access to the floor because the engine and trans are out) is gonna cost 'ya in an extra cleaning.;D

I suppose I could wash it first... But hey, there's probably a drought in our future, so I'm conserving ahead of the game!

See you later.

Paul

OP
OP
sneditch

sneditch

Thanks for your time today @dirtdonk...always a pleasure to learn from your experience!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
What's your body/trim code, and we can tell if it was a bench or buckets.

OP
OP
sneditch

sneditch

Hey @okie4570 the body code is 9u98...which I thought implied bucket seats. But the center brace only has two seat mounts welded in it? Including full details below...and probably should break down and buy a Marti report but I keep finding the need to buy more parts....Any insights appreciated.

U15GLE76165

WB: 092
Color: P
Model: u150
Body: 9u98
Trans: C
Axle: A3J
DSO: 74