• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Last Bronco off the line

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Imagine having been there when the last '77 bronco rolled of the line. Would it have been a special moment? What would've gone thru your mind?

Lockheed Martin in Fort Worth has been building them for 40 years. I just watched the last one take of on its final inspection flight before being delivered to the customer.

To me, it shows progress. But at the end of the deal, I look back and wonder if it really was progress. The bronco got bigger, and, as far as I'm concerned, less capable, and eventually went extinct (but it's coming back, huh?)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...Lockheed Martin in Fort Worth has been building them for 40 years. I just watched the last one take of on its final inspection flight before being delivered to the customer.

Two subjects here? Old Broncos and???
The Bronco airplane was North American, right? Was LM making them?

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
But yes, it would have been cool to be there. It was cool enough just watching the last four Ranger models disappear slowly off the local dealer's lot here in SJ. Took awhile too, while they were selling the new bigger Bronco at that point.
Sure wish I could have grabbed one of those!

Did we ever do a thread on the last-known Bronco here? I know we've got a fairly active "earliest known" Bronco, but don't remember the results of the last.

Paul

OP
OP
Boss Hugg

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
no, it looks like Rockwell made the non-ford bronco. ;-)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep. Same thing sort of. Originally just "North American" and "Rockwell" they merged in the sixties when the Bronco was originally built. So at that time at least it was North American Rockwell.
Not sure what they are now. Rockwell Manufacturing sounds familiar? Is North American no longer a thing?
Hard to keep up.%)

Paul

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Imagine having been there when the last '77 bronco rolled of the line. Would it have been a special moment? What would've gone thru your mind?

Lockheed Martin in Fort Worth has been building them for 40 years. I just watched the last one take of on its final inspection flight before being delivered to the customer.

To me, it shows progress. But at the end of the deal, I look back and wonder if it really was progress. The bronco got bigger, and, as far as I'm concerned, less capable, and eventually went extinct (but it's coming back, huh?)

some don't have to Imagine ...they ( at least one member in this form and friend of mine ) worked on the assembly line since 1973 and still resurrecting at least one EB to better then new condition each year !

hope he chimes in !

OP
OP
Boss Hugg

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I figured there would be one. I’m looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Yep. Same thing sort of. Originally just "North American" and "Rockwell" they merged in the sixties when the Bronco was originally built. So at that time at least it was North American Rockwell.
Not sure what they are now. Rockwell Manufacturing sounds familiar? Is North American no longer a thing?
Hard to keep up.%)

Paul

North American and Rockwell have been Boeing for the last 20 years.

Mark

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ahh, "I guess i haven't been keeping up on current events man!"
Said in his best Bill Paxton voice.;)

Thanks Mark.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
some don't have to Imagine ...they ( at least one member in this form and friend of mine ) worked on the assembly line since 1973 and still resurrecting at least one EB to better then new condition each year !

hope he chimes in !

who that?