• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Salvage Seats for bronco build

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
I am looking for some input for bucket seats I would like in my bronco build. My bronco is a 1969, I am older than it and have a few back issues. I can rebuild the bronco cheaper than my back so I would like some inputs on salvaged electric seats with adjustable lumbar that would fit without a lot of refabrication. Also if anyone has the dimensions I need to lookout for (distance between the steering wheel and the top of the seat base... and others) I would appreciate it. I am 6' and 190lbs. I will be making a few 1K mile trips per year so that is why I would like one that is easily adjustable. I know I will have many more questions, but most have been answered just reading this forum.

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Hi Remos69,

Welcome to the addiction!

I am running 2007 Mustang GT seats in my 66 so it is possible.

Ironically, I did not want electrics so I swapped out the lower power seat track with a manual seat track. I'm sorry to say, you will need to fabricate some kind of brackets to install any non-stock seats. Pros, comfort and you can install it further back for more leg room. Cons, keep in mind the fabricated brackets will raise the height of the seat making your head closer to the roll bar, hard top and might decrease visibility at the top of the window frame.

I picked the Mustang seat specifically because of the comfort, availability of parts used OEM and aftermarket knowing eventually I will need to recover them. Sorry I don't have any photos on my phone with me but I'm sure there are a lot of threads with photos of seats.

Happy Wednesday!
:cool:

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
The problem tall drivers have with power seats in a Bronco is that the motor is in the seat base which raises the seat often leaving the driver looking at the windshield frame instead of looking through the windshield.
Once you have the seat in a comfortable position will you change the position very often?

OP
OP
Remos69

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
I do change the angle of the base quite often along with the lumbar. Occasionally change seat height too.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
I used Fox body Mustang seats - can't remember year now. Manual adjustments, EXCEPT electric lumbar control on each seat - only hooked up drivers side, which works great!! 5 lumbar surgeries to date. Swapped the drivers slider with a Bronco slider (had to drill 2 new mounting holes to do this) and this fit right in place! Kept the Mustang slider on the other seat and mounted it to the Bronco passenger mounts. I am 6' 200 lbs. Wish the driver's side would go back a bit farther - will eventually buy the seat relocation bracket to remedy this.

Pops

Last edited:

Dpearce

Using BMW 650i convertible seats. Power, lumbar, heat, etc. Also have seat belts integrated in the seat. They may be too high on a normal rig - I'm using a viewfinder windshield that relocates the wipers/motor to the bottom and significantly increases viewing ability.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Will it bother your back more to manually adjust your seat or to need to sit hunched down so you can see through the windshield?

Sitting hunched over hurts my back and I don't have bad back problems.

KeithKinPhx

Just bought leather seats out of a 2011 Mustang. Need to modify the brackets but just placing them inside they sit nice. Need to Lizardskin the interior before final install. Love that the are saddle tan in color. I am so tired of black interiors.