• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

77 Bronco - Build In The Works

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just got this 77 Bronco this Morning. It arrived from Arizona. The paint could be better, but there is absolutely NO rust in the vehicle at all even the front floor pans are good considering it had carpeting in it. I did have to tighten the Trac Bar bolt at the frame because the Castle nut was barely on at all. NOT GOOD!

So, carpeting and interior have been removed. Headers have been installed with exhaust going on Wednesday.. Tires and wheels have been replaced. The tires will go on the truck. Not sure if the Methods will stay though.

It also has an older Rancho 3" lift with front coils, RS5000 shocks and blocks in the rear. This will be replaced with a WH 3 1/2" Suspension lift with all new bushings, adjustable trac bar, drop pitman arm and drop trac bar Bracket.

The front fenders will be cut as well and flares painted.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco Driver's Side.jpg
    77 Bronco Driver's Side.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 693
  • 77 Bronco Tire Comparison.jpg
    77 Bronco Tire Comparison.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 584
  • 77 Bronco Right Front.jpg
    77 Bronco Right Front.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 519
  • 77 Bronco Rear.jpg
    77 Bronco Rear.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 529
  • 77 Bronco Left Front.jpg
    77 Bronco Left Front.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 510
  • 77 Bronco Grill.jpg
    77 Bronco Grill.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 554
  • 77 bronco Front Suspension.jpg
    77 bronco Front Suspension.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 600
  • 77 Bronco Engine Bay.jpg
    77 Bronco Engine Bay.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 669
Last edited:

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Nice rig congrats! Hey if you want to get rid of that grill guard PM me, I need one. Thanks Jim. :cool:

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like it! You should put the correct bumper on the rear and send me the wrong one!
Was the original color bright emerald?

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
You been itching to drive one while the special decor is down? Love it. Always love what you do to your rigs. Already dig the wheels.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
fordfan - I know, it looks like a 66 rear bumper. I think it is a 77 bumper shortened with the inside edge rounded. I have a set of original 66 bumpers and this one is a little different than the 66 rear.... Sorry, I'll keep it.

The original color is listed as Medium Emerald Green on the Marti report. The Bronco was repainted about 5 years ago, it's not an exact match, but pretty close.

broncobsession - I have a set of MT Locks in a 17x9" that will probably go on it at some point.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I put the tires and wheels on Last night. Starting to look good. 285x70x17" Toyo AT2 tires and 17x8.5" Method Wheels.

I have a lot of things on the list.

BC Headers installed already and 2 into one exhaust will go on tomorrow.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - Wheels.jpg
    77 Bronco - Wheels.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 480
  • 77 Bronco - Front.jpg
    77 Bronco - Front.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 333

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Nice rig! Always curious where these AZ rigs come from as I always feel like I should know all of them :).

Todd Z.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
toddz69 - This one came from Holbrook. PO has a very busy schedule, so communication and many pictures took awhile, but it all turned out good.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I put the tires and wheels on Last night. Starting to look good. 285x70x17" Toyo AT2 tires and 17x8.5" Method Wheels.

I have a lot of things on the list.

BC Headers installed already and 2 into one exhaust will go on tomorrow.

Looks awesome man....

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
toddz69 - This one came from Holbrook. PO has a very busy schedule, so communication and many pictures took awhile, but it all turned out good.

Oh - copy that - this came from the guy on here that posted and then no one heard from him.....

Todd Z.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got the exhaust system installed today. Complete job took about 2 1/2-3 hours at the exhaust shop. I already had the old exhaust completely removed, the BC headers were installed already and my muffler of choice in hand. (Gibson Superflow 758219)

I really like the clean look of the 2-into-1 exhaust system. It keeps all the heat away from fuel lines and wire harness going down the driver's side Frame rail. The Gibson muffler even fit nicely into the original Muffler Heat Shield.

The BC headers are connected to 2 1/2" Pipe on each side. The Gibson muffler has dual 2 1/2" Inlets and One 3" Outlet at stock location. There is NO drone, Popping or crackle at all at any RPM with this system. Just a nice deep V8 sound. It's the 5th one I have had installed. Same exhaust system on a 347, two 351Ws and an AMC 360.

I also had an 02 Bung installed for the Future EFI system.

As you can seen from the pics, the exhaust system is very simple, tucks up really nice (as seen from the side), has plenty of clearance and sounds great. Highly recommended.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - Exhaust 1.jpg
    77 Bronco - Exhaust 1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 395
  • 77 Bronco - Exhaust 2.jpg
    77 Bronco - Exhaust 2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 367
  • 77 Bronco - Exhaust 3.jpg
    77 Bronco - Exhaust 3.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 369
  • 77 Bronco - Exhaust 4.jpg
    77 Bronco - Exhaust 4.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 342

75Denver

Nice score man! You got that from Jack. He was a REAL hard guy to get ahold. Way to stick with it...looks like it paid off. How's the handling otherwise? Trans, engine, steering, & brakes work well or are you replacing much?