• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Meet Carl, (68 Bronco)

OP
OP
themalwine

themalwine

Loc.
Yreka
0b81adb6604854c616c38405372b078d.jpg

cf2e323b33e566a232a4410f07e57289.jpg

Sprayed some color options on Carl the other day. I want my rig to be bright and happy because my number 1 choice of color for my rigs has always been black. So it was fun to buy some spray paint and play around with bright and happy colors

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Either of those colors would look awesome on a Bronco especially with a white top and grill.

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll warn you now, Black tops are really hot in the summer. Trust me I found out the hard way. ;)

Attachments

• Reddog.jpg
    Reddog.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 74
OP
OP
themalwine

themalwine

Loc.
Yreka
Since I'm always cold, I'm okay with that haha! No seriously though, I think we will line it, or I could even get one of those soft tops if it's really bad.

OP
OP
themalwine

themalwine

Loc.
Yreka
Got some sanding time in the other day, and fixed some dents.

c98c90bb1027e8bf3675682346bfa85e.jpg

OP
OP
themalwine

themalwine

Loc.
Yreka
f994d4ac68cd99e883877c29d8cf849f.jpg

Finally got my Pit Bull Rockers. For the deal we got though, it was very much worth the 5 month wait.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Never got to try newer ones, the worn out ones I had worked well though..

those are bad azz

f994d4ac68cd99e883877c29d8cf849f.jpg

Finally got my Pit Bull Rockers. For the deal we got though, it was very much worth the 5 month wait.

OP
OP
themalwine

themalwine

Loc.
Yreka
Small success.... After getting extremely discouraged with Carl not wanting to start at all, my hubby ordered a new starter and we made some small headway. He at least turns over but still no full run. At least we are getting somewhere. I've been working so much I barely have time for anything, so my hubby's been tinkering with him here and there. Also got some new headers on him.

tymbom

Loc.
Yreka, Siskiyou
Howdy guys! I'm her lucky husband, Jonathan. I managed to get her Bronco running a couple days after I got the headers on...
This has been a heck of a learning experience for me. I grew up with Chevy's my whole life. I've learned about numbering cylinders different, firing orders etc. It's been fun. Two people working full time and raising a beautiful little girl, we don't have much time to spend on this unfortunately. Hopefully soon I can start spending more time on this, I have a couple other projects that are waiting for attention too. Laters

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Jonathan, welcome to classicbroncos and it's about darn time!
How's your wiring kung-fu?;D Once you've got the firing order thing out of the way and at least in the back of your mind (as a Chevy guy, it'll still bite you now and then for the next couple of years) you're way ahead of the game.

One more good thing to remember is that, especially since she's always cold, remember the phrase "Pull For Heat" and you're set.;)
If you haven't already run across that little cold-weather gem yet, you will. It's a Bronco thing...

You been having as much "fun" as the wife has on Carl? Hope so anyway. Something about "happy husband, happy life" or something like that.:cool:

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh, and better get it done and some seat time in it. Before you know it your girls will be driving and want it all the time!
Might as well get them started working on it as soon as possible so they know all the ins-and-outs.
Not to mention it's fun to hang with the kids in the garage. If they're just babies still, no problem. That won't last long.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Howdy guys! I'm her lucky husband, Jonathan. I managed to get her Bronco running a couple days after I got the headers on...
This has been a heck of a learning experience for me. I grew up with Chevy's my whole life. I've learned about numbering cylinders different, firing orders etc. It's been fun. Two people working full time and raising a beautiful little girl, we don't have much time to spend on this unfortunately. Hopefully soon I can start spending more time on this, I have a couple other projects that are waiting for attention too. Laters

Good job.. And welcome to the site.. Won't find a better bunch of folks

House

Minutia Militia
Hi Jonathan, welcome to classicbroncos.com.
I think we might have met once before? ;)

Nemisus

Loc.
North Bay, CA
Welcome Jonathan! You and your wife are not too far from where I was born and raised. Happy Camp (HC) is just down the river.

When I get my 74 road worthy I'll have to drop by one of these trips home and talk Broncos.

Many years ago I lived and worked in Yreka!

Cheers

Nemi