• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Duck Build.

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I'm glad someone besides my wife calls dinner supper.

Well I'm from South Florida originally and we called the meals of the day breakfast, lunch and dinner. Since I have moved to South West Virginia, everyone here calls the meals breakfast, dinner and supper. Guess being here for 6 years now, some things are starting to rub off. Lol.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I drug my 9 year old daughter out to the shop last spring to weld. I clamped some scrap in the vise and suited her up for the wire feed. She played around with it for a while before proclaiming that to be the funnest thing she had done. She had a school project needing the use of the hot glue gun. Now she thinks all I do is cool stuff in the shop.

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Got a little more done today. Another floor support has been fabricated and repaired.
jemanede.jpg

ytuzy6y6.jpg

esy3ynu9.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I snuck out of the office early today and did some more work. Doesn't look like much but I cut out the rot on the driver inner rocker and the outer rocker. Created templates and fabbed up the repair panels. All that is left is a little more trimming to fit and then coat and burn them in. Hope to have that done tomorrow and reinstall the floor support. Making parts from scratch is very time consuming.... rewarding but still time consuming. I will be able to fly once my parts get here.
eta3yga8.jpg

uvupe8ad.jpg

agy3uheq.jpg

bebuvy5y.jpg

yzabu9am.jpg

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Another good day. No parts yet but the sub floor supports are in and done. Will probably get them cleaned and painted on Sunday. I guess I will start working on the cowl till my floor pans get here.
a6e9e9us.jpg

yvy8ehan.jpg

u7uvaru9.jpg

etezyduh.jpg

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Couldn't leave it alone. Since I'm going to be out of town tomorrow I decided to do a little more.
dy9ere2a.jpg

egabe7uj.jpg

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Visited Nick today and I have to say, y'all gotta see what's coming next. More beautiful broncos as usual. The day is still young so let's see what this motivation boost will yield when I get home...

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Well I didn't do anything yesterday but I am making up for it today...
je8y3uta.jpg

ru7anu3u.jpg

I bought panel clamps and clecos months ago for another project that never needed them. Glad I remembered I had them for this, they work great!
vy8asa9u.jpg

avu6ejyj.jpg

a3ema2a4.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
And some more accomplished. The cowl is almost done, its as far as I can take it until my repair panels show up from JBG. The cowl is raised on the pass side. I added some beads into it to try and make it look like it came that way. I ordered my mock up Gen IV Vintage Air unit and will probably re-make the heater core supports to fit the VA unit.

6anyhada.jpg

de9y8unu.jpg

hy9e5y8y.jpg

ypegyjyg.jpg

agupeset.jpg

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I need to narrow down my color choice. Originally I was going to go with the original Bright Lime and after seeing color chips etc. and the advice from Nick telling me to be sure it is a color I can be happy with for years to come, having a vehicle that looks like a yellow highlighter is not going to cut it. In my old thread a few years back I had also thought about making it a LUBR and that too has changed since I have ordered my Bronco Design flares. I do not want dark colors as I feel too dark tends to hide the body lines of our boxy beauty and am very much a fan of green and copper colors. I am wanting to do a stripe down the side similar to the old Boss 302 stripes. What are the opinions of contrasting colors, for example if I go with an electric lime green and do a black pearl stripe, or if I go with an burnt orange metallic (similar to Hot Ginger) and do the stripe in Wimbeldon white or another off whit? I am trying to make it look more of a sporty vibe rather than an old man vibe... no offense :). Any thoughts?

Stripe Idea
qa8ytymy.jpg

Electric Lime Green
eduga4av.jpg

Burnt Orange Metallic
hamuta2u.jpg

Last edited:

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
My $.02, with either electric lime green or burnt orange metallic I would think a charcoal/medium gray metallic or silver metallic would make for a nice contrasting color. To see your green/black combo google image search 'snakeskin green viper'. You will see plenty of examples. I think the orange/Wimbledon white could work together and would be a more classic color combo. Not sure if that would fall under your 'old man vibe' though.

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I like that green as well. Saw a mustang with the snakeskin green and black pearl (charcoal grey) stripes. I do like that combo and it was originally my color choice back when I bought this bronco. I think I am going to stick to that since I also decided to cut the fenders. I appreciate the idea and search topic as it is helping me chap my direction.

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Cut, measure, mock up, tack weld, inspect, curse, retack, weld, grind repeat x1,000,000. Your gonna have a lot of fun :p

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I've been working on my bronco most of the day. Finally got the pass side kick, inner fender and wheel tub back in place. All I can say is if you have not invested in Clecos to help with panel alignment, you are missing out big time! Tomorrow I will try to get the drivers side kick and inner fender replaced along with the firewall replaced.

ha3evu6e.jpg

ny7anyra.jpg

2eby2a3e.jpg

4e3ageme.jpg

u3unatyv.jpg

atupu2up.jpg

vy8a5yhu.jpg

tu8ate2u.jpg

evu4emap.jpg

e7ydute3.jpg

Last edited:

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Man you make it look so easy. Your doing a great job. And I second the use of clecos. I use them in building one inch scale steam locomotives and tenders. There that third hand.;D

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
So far today I finished the drivers side. I was going to replace the fire wall but can't till the door posts are done as the braces I welded in to support the cowl are in the way. I'm going g to get the seat pan fitted and installed next. Door posts are tomorrow. This post is pic heavy as I will come back tonight and add a write up for panel replacement. Kind of a general how to for novice members here.
u8ehe4a6.jpg

evenysa2.jpg

u9urary4.jpg

urejy9u7.jpg

qyhyny4y.jpg

va5yme7u.jpg

dy9enema.jpg

7e5ebu9a.jpg

dy8y2y5u.jpg

ypaju5ar.jpg

utysyre3.jpg

ruvu3azy.jpg