• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

15% off Dennis Carpenter for St. Patricks

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Get it while it’s hot 15% off Dennis Carpenter. I ordered sheet metal from CJ pony parts last week and got sketchy quality, then chose Dennis Carpenter and the difference in quality is amazing. Just saw 15% off so I ordered more just now.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Gee Cortez, like we need encouragement to spend $$ on the Bronco.....thanks for the heads up. Was tempting enough to order those door seals. Seems like they’ve been getting the better reviews lately.

Also noticed under “events” they will be at Carlisle and not the Super Celebration in April .....always looked forward to their deals under the tent. Shame the two events are on the same weekend this year.

tirewater

Contributor
Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
Lol, I bit the bullet and bought the 'premium' door seals.

Gee Cortez, like we need encouragement to spend $$ on the Bronco.....thanks for the heads up. Was tempting enough to order those door seals. Seems like they’ve been getting the better reviews lately.

Also noticed under “events” they will be at Carlisle and not the Super Celebration in April .....always looked forward to their deals under the tent. Shame the two events are on the same weekend this year.

chuckyb

Contributor
DC has a lot of Dynacorn sheet metal - good stuff with the weld thru primer. DC has the best weatherstripping for my Mustang. My body man says DC is the best for Bronco weatherstripping.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I need a new core support w/ PS but I think I’ll have to wait till Black Friday.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
. I ordered sheet metal from CJ pony parts last week and got sketchy quality, then chose Dennis Carpenter and the difference in quality is amazing

Can you elaborate on the difference in quality? I’ve ordered fenders and a hood from CJP in the past and they were fine. My understanding is that there’s only 2 different companies that actually stamp the parts

OP
OP
Cortez

Cortez

Bronco Guru
My experience with Cj Pony sheet metal was that I ordered two quarter panels and they arrived ok but were entirely different gauge material one was 18ga and the other was 16ga. Also along the top of the quarter where it attaches to the upper quarter one panel had a 3/4” lip and the other was less than 1/2”. So trying to fit these they were way different and when I called and told them to replace the wimpy panel they said they have no control over it...you get what you get. Similar experience with tail light housing...one fit and one didn’t. When I ordered from Carpenter all parts were symmetrical and similar in fit and quality and heavier gauge...very sturdy.

chuckyb

Contributor
Can you elaborate on the difference in quality? I’ve ordered fenders and a hood from CJP in the past and they were fine. My understanding is that there’s only 2 different companies that actually stamp the parts

This is my understanding also. Dynacorn and Blue Oval. I have also purchased Dynacorn from CJ Pony - the one piece floor assembly comes to mind, which is a beauty.